Thread: Storing loose Hot Wheels using car keepers

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts

Storing loose Hot Wheels using car keepers

If you have a bunch of nice "loose" hot wheels, matchbox, or other 1/64 and smaller cars you are probably trying to find a place to keep them safe.

I use the jammers cases aka sewing kit thread organizer boxes

Stores on both sides of the box and has a transparent window so you can easily find whatever cars you are looking for.

Anyhow I had a buddy ask me where I had bought mine at. I originally got them at Walmart for like $15.99 each, back then it was actually labeled as Jammers. But Walmart stopped carrying them as parents bought them for their kids and there was a lawsuit after 1 broke and the rigid plastic cut a child, yadda yadda, yadda, and no more Jammers cases.

So I was pointed by another collector to JC Pennys who had the thread organizers on sale for $15.99 each and free shipping if over $100 spent.

I went to check JC Pennys today and WOW $21.00 each? Really? http://www.jcpenney.com/creative-opt...ncharset=UTF-8

Then I found some at HobbyLobby.com for $12.99 each which was a good deal as well.

image.jpg

Well Walmart is finally stocking them online now (as thread organizers), and they are only $9.58 with free shipping to your local store, or free shipping to your house if you spend over $50

Link ----> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Creative-O...nizer/17337793

Anyhow, hope this info helps you guys out with your loose collections.

After going to so many Kmart days I have tons of loose cars now lol. So time to order more cases.

Here is some of my cars stored in these cases

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (01-28-2015)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Here's a link to a listing on Amazon for the "thread organizers."

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Optio...read+organizer

In case Wal-Mart stops carrying them or goes back up on the price (which it looks like WM is matching Amazon's price... or vice versa). I suggest checking the Amazon listing from time to time as the price has a tendency to drop every so often. I've seen it drop to as low as around $7.xx. Also, Amazon also has free shipping on orders over $35, or free regardless of your order total if you're an Amazon Prime member. So you don't have to order as many to get that sweet no cost shipping.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (01-27-2015),RotorNutFD3S (01-27-2015)

Drives
    '99 Brilliant Black Turbo
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 698 Posts
    Yup, I've been ordering mine thru Amazon Prime for a while now.
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.