Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kmart Collector Day on 2/14, Plus ’71 El Camino Promo!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Here is what I pulled. I got a bunch of extra of the yellow Datsun truck if you guys want any.

image.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Paul B (02-14-2015),RotorNutFD3S (02-14-2015)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Had a relatively successful K Day experience today. Being that it was my first ever K Day, I walked in a little early and was told that they had 28 cases. My wife and I were guests number 31 and 32 out of 36 people, which gave us a decent shot at getting cases. They gave out tickets and were going to call out ticket numbers to decide who got a case. I was the 8th ticket called, and my wife got called about 20th. We each got to rifle through our own case. She knew what to look for

My case gave me 1 or 2 each of the KMART exclusives : blue Chevelle, yellow Datsun, Green Monte Carlo and Shelby Concept. My case also had a couple Boss 302 Mustangs and Fast and Furious Corvette Roadsters. One Lambo Hurracan, blue NSX concept, Batmobile. Other than that I left the rest for someone else.

My wife's case turned up more items I was looking for. The VW caddy, white Mazda RX7, more Datsuns and KMart exclusives, and the Mooneyes Dodge van. She snagged a convertible Camaro, HW race C6 Vette, Bentley, and Race E36 BMW in blue.

Other than that, no TH's or Supers in any case. I didn't hear of anyone getting any Supers. Seemed like a few people were looking for the VW Caddy and Mazda but I only heard of only a couple other people getting 1 or 2 of each. The Datsun truck wasn't very popular among this group. I probably could have walked out with at least 20 more of the little yellow truck (my wife bought me ten of them for Valentines Day)

All in all, it was a great first K Day. Total purchase was 30 0r 31 cars (11 yellow Datsuns), so I'll mail in the receipt for that special El Camino. I would have been real bummed if we hadn't found the VW Caddy, Boss 302 or RX7. The Dodge Van is cool to add to the collection but the Super would have been much better.

If anyone wants a Datsun truck or any of the KMart exclusives, just let me know.

Attachment 13462Attachment 13463Attachment 13464Attachment 13465

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul B For This Useful Post:

RotorNutFD3S (02-14-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Just notice the New Z had a similar paint job to the old Datsun Z and flipped over the cards. Yet another Then & Now !!

image.jpg

image.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Paul B (02-14-2015),RotorNutFD3S (02-14-2015)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    No supers. Busiest KDay I've been to so far. There was a family of 6 with individual tickets, one guy that got two boxes because his "brother was in the bathroom" and so on. I scored leftovers.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    The MoonEyes Dodge Van has a cool moon roof.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Drives
    '99 Brilliant Black Turbo
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 698 Posts
    We had 2 master cases (eight total 36ct cases) when normally we have 5-7, so a lot of people and not a lot of cars. All of the cases did not have the 370z, the NSXs, or the C6 Corvettes, and there were very few RX7s, F&F Vettes, or '62 Chevy trucks. Not to worry, they'll be out in all the rest of the stores soon. Got the 20 I needed for the mail-in receipt (including a couple sets of Kmart exclusives) and called it a day with that.

The wife of a reseller (nice way of saying scalper) lost her mind when her number didn't get called and demanded to speak to a manager. She's always trouble at these events though, while her husband is usually pretty courteous. By the time she was talking to him all of the cars were gone, she could have just joined in with the rest of us in laying the cars out on the table and picking through them. They promised to call her whenever they get a new case in. Ha! Hope she enjoys waiting because that store only gets KDay cases.

And don't worry Randy, the McLaren will be plentiful whenever the bins start hitting in force, there's a silver recolor coming in G case too.
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RotorNutFD3S For This Useful Post:

Paul B (02-14-2015),Phatmiata (02-14-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12