Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything RDU 2015

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    I'm planning on buying those NIB floor mats and softtop boot from CL on Sunday morning. The guy's in Franklinton, so I'm going to go find some fun country roads.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I was looking at maybe picking up the floor mats but I wanted to hold off.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    I made the decision to sell the bikini top. I put up an ad for it on CL. The new seals and everything make the car really nice on the freeway. Only noise I get is through the window seals but I believe that is normal.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Golden Stallion's Avatar
    Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Why are you selling it? I love my g string and probably was the favorite thing I have bought for my miata. It really made it enjoyable in the summer so you could get the wind but not get cooked by the sun

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Some people are just hardcore hardtop..
    The way it is is the way it do.

Do you have a running Miata yet?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

Pyr0monk3y (05-18-2015),tsingson (05-18-2015)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    A/C feels better during the day. At least to me, it does. I don't think it's so much hardcore hardtop as it is getting tired of pulling the hardtop off. The hoist may be the next thing to go but not sure yet.

And yes, do you have a running miata yet? You have enough parts there to have 1.5 miatas.

Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, I understand that a lot of hardtop owners just end up keeping it on

No, this has sadly gone on too long. My job requires me to work 5 out of 7 days and it is always night. I just don't have much free time left. I have the money....that isn't the problem anymore. Its more about the lack of time and no parts. I was supposed to head up to Virginia last Wednesday to buy a new head but I got scheduled to work so I went this past Sunday and I lasted 3 miles before my radiator hose went bad on me and overheated.

I don't care if it a whole engine or head, I just want the stupid thing running

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Part it out and buy a new (used) miata. That will get you on the road fast.

Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    And yes, do you have a running miata yet? You have enough parts there to have 1.5 miatas.
    Except a head without a hole in the side

Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Except a head without a hole in the side

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Pyr0monk3y's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I agree with Anthony. It's time to part it out and start a new journey with a new car, perhaps a different chassis. I love my miata too, it was my first car, but if I walled the car next week I would have it stripped and cashed in for scrap metal before the tires cooled. And I wouldn't necessarily be looking for miata's again, I might look at something that better fits my needs.

The miata was the perfect car for high school, but now we're at that age where we don't really know where we'll be in a couple years. I would feel a lot more comfortable owning an E30 or something else that I could stuff my belongings into for a move.
    What the hell are you thinking Andy?
    1991 Track Rat
    Build Thread:
    Function>Everything

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyr0monk3y For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-18-2015)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! TimTim's Avatar
    Drives
    2007 Yaris Eco-Slush
    Thanks Given
    Golden Stallion, You mentioned your constraints, so may I suggest you envision, in detail, the best plausible outcome for your current car and work backwards from there?

I recently "walked the walk" from a 2000 Miata to a 2007 Yaris Hatch. Im very happy with my decision based on working backwards from the plausible vision I had for my car. To meet my vision, I needed space, tools and time that I didn't have and even if I did, it wouldn't meet my current vehicle needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyr0monk3y View Post
    I agree with Anthony. It's time to part it out and start a new journey with a new car, perhaps a different chassis. I love my miata too, it was my first car, but if I walled the car next week I would have it stripped and cashed in for scrap metal before the tires cooled. And I wouldn't necessarily be looking for miata's again, I might look at something that better fits my needs.

The miata was the perfect car for high school, but now we're at that age where we don't really know where we'll be in a couple years. I would feel a lot more comfortable owning an E30 or something else that I could stuff my belongings into for a move.

Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    I understand what all you guys are saying(and appreciate any advice you give me) and know that in a year(when I graduate hs), play time is over and can't be messing around with a car. Like I have said before, this miata project is not going to be a dd and never will. I will sell it whenever I can't have 2 cars and will have a dd that can hold 4 people and haul some cargo if needed

Now with that out the way, I am about to buy hunters new old head for a cheap price. He is swapping his engine in from his m edition. If I do sell this miata, it will be with a working engine and should be in less than 300 to get it running again. I might even be getting this running to earn money for a daily driver but the goal is to get it running and driving and go from there.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    It's not so much that we are telling you to get another vehicle. In all honesty, if you can swing 2 cars then do it. What I was referring to was that you talk about being without a car/miata for so long but you have all the means to get one. Instead of having a running vehicle, you have 2 parts cars and a supercharger. I really believe that the supercharger is what is creating this whole situation because that alone can net you enough money to get a running NA in decent shape or even halfway to an NB. We have had this discussion before. The whole point is to get a running car and if you sell everything you have right now, you have enough to get one and even possibly have some more left over to do things to. You already know you have a buyer for the supercharger. That right there is money ready to go into your pocket towards another vehicle/miata. This whole build thing sounds cool to do right now but look how long it's taking and you haven't even started yet. You are still collecting parts. Like I said, we have had this conversation before with everyone in the group at a meet. I am just saying I have been there before I wish that somebody had given me the same advice before I wasted a crap ton of money and time. I would hate to see you waste time and effort into something like this when you could be out driving and going to meets and just enjoying your senior year of high school.

Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Well, in the months I have owned this car, I have spent more time looking into options instead of just doing it simple. I also have not had the the funds but I do now and with this head, I have at least a running 1.8 to sell. Now like I said, this miata isn't a priority in my life. I got more important things than to try and make a project car run.

I have that supercharger, my 1.8 LSD, 2 tan interiors(one complete and one almost), a pair of 95m seats, my roll bar, and a rolling chassis in decent shape. I know this can get me alone could get me in a new miata considering this is all at least 3 grand in parts and I have been thinking of starting over a lot this past month.
    If I do sell these parts, I will obviously give Jamie dibs on the supercharger because I think it is time for me to move one and start with a clean chassis like my first one.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast