Thread: Planet Miata's 10th Anniversary

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! sideshow's Avatar
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given

Planet Miata's 10th Anniversary

No not the car... well kinda.. I guess

ONLINE SPECIALS

Special online promos will be available throughout the year. This is our way of saying Thank You!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sideshow For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (03-03-2015),OBD1 kenobi (03-03-2015),Phatmiata (03-03-2015),speedypenguin (03-03-2015),The Driver (03-03-2015),tsingson (03-03-2015)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    This is a really cool art !!!

Congrats on 10 years in business Steve and Crew!!!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Oh YEAH!!!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Sean5294's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 2002 Miata LS
    Thanks Given
    I could use some new shocks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sean5294 For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (03-03-2015)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    2000 Miata (Silver)
    Thanks Given
    Since you guys won't return my calls, voicemail, or email, I guess I'll throw my wet blanket here (this is the email I sent):

Brenda,

I'm contacting you because I left a voicemail on the main number and placed several calls, which remain unanswered.

I placed an order on 2/22, early in the AM, and received no contact about shipping for several days. On 2/27, concerned that the weekend would go by without word, I called and spoke to a gentleman (didn't get his name). He told me my order should almost be to me as they had shipped days ago, but that UPS was sometimes spotty on forwarding shipping info to the buyer. Having shipped via UPS many times while interning at a Fortune 100 company without ever experiencing this problem, I found his claim odd, but thanked him for his time and went on with my day.

I assumed he told the truth and everything was on the up and up. Later that day, I received a notification from UPS that my order had been received for shipping. I checked the date by following the track my package link and saw that, as I suspected, my package had been shipped that afternoon.

To be honest, I don't particularly care about the delayed shipping. I don't appreciate being lied to, but things happen. I assume the part was pulled and someone forgot to hand it off to UPS. What I find wholly unacceptable is the fact that not only was my name misspelled on the shipping label, but so was my street name.

Fortunately, I was able to contact UPS and get the information updated before my $200 order was sent to a random house several miles from my residence. Now my order is wasting away in the UPS hub in Mesquite, TX waiting for someone to place a corrected shipping label on it. Its status has not been updated since it arrived on 2/28. I am appalled that I paid almost $40 to ship a package that was shipped to the wrong person, at the wrong address, and I am now going to wait on indefinitely.

My customer service experience with Planet Miata thus far has consisted of a courteous phone call, which turned out to be a lie, an ignored voicemail, and several unanswered calls. This is not the track record I saw testified to on Miata.net and MazdaRoadster.net's forums and I am disappointed.

Any help you can provide to make this right would be appreciated.
    EDIT: Just spoke to Planet Miata. They are doing everything on their end to fix this now. Thanks, PM.
    Last edited by chucknorrisinator; 03-03-2015 at 05:08 PM.