Thread: Rooster now in Mid-Tenn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    On an early Saturday morning I took the Rooster to get reshoed so to speak, I had to order the tires I wanted, ( Falken Azenis 195/60 R14) no one locally had them in stock, I went ahead and ordered a set of 4 even though the two on the front still had plenty of tread left, and I saved them for a rainy day or to trade for something I might need in the near future, so when they came in I thought I’d be smart & show up early when they first opened and get done in a hurry. When I got there I was 10 minutes past the opening time and all their bays were hopping. I park Rooster out front,

ROOSTER IN THE PARKING LOT AT THE LOCAL DISCOUNT TIRE [IMG][/IMG]

and head inside and walk into a line of 7-8 folks plus they have 4 registers going with 4 more being waited on, I look around and see another 10-12 people sitting and standing around that have already been thru the line. I think man I’m going to be here all day. Well in 10-15 minutes it is my turn. Alex takes a look at what the Rooster has on him and I remind him that Rooster has 3 piece rims and he says we need to wait on the end bay so we can take our time putting them on, that he will need to show the boys how it is done. I begin to wonder if I am in the wrong place, these guys don’t know what a 3 piece rim is? But in just a little while I am next, and see I had nothing to worry about, they jumped on the car like a pit crew at a race track, 2 guys pulling wheels off

[IMG][/IMG]

and taking them over to the tire mounting station where Alex shows them what to do, this guy took his time and was careful and used the Rooster as a teaching tool to some of the boys.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Anyway they start putting Rooster back together and Alex was checking for air leaks and the right rear had a very small leak at the tire valve, he did not have a valve small enough, these are Watanabes so I’ll need to get online and find a valve or set of valves. So he worked on it, put a seal on it as close to the right size as he stocked and got it to quit leaking. I’ll have to keep an eye on it until I get new stems. Anyone in the states have these valve stems?

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

So they get the wheels and tires on Rooster, man they do look good and we are ready for the Twisty roads of the Devil‘s Triangle next week.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

Grip Driver (04-03-2015),WASABI (04-03-2015)