Thread: NB 2000 Miata LS - No Longer Available

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! TimTim's Avatar
    Drives
    2007 Yaris Eco-Slush
    Thanks Given

NB 2000 Miata LS - No Longer Available

NB 2000 Miata LS

***PLEASE SEE FORUM POST BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS***
    This listing is for a 2000 Mazda Miata LS in Twilight Blue Mica with a tan interior. The car will be sold as-is with no warranty expressed or implied. There is cosmetic damage to the front end of the vehicle as shown in the pictures.

April 2015, the car has brand new Continentals All Seasons in 195/50/15. The car has approximately 110,200 miles and is garage kept in Richmond, VA. It is not daily driven nor even weekend driven but mileage may vary as the car is driven every few weeks. The kick panel under the steering wheel was just replaced along with the rear Mazda trunk emblem. There is a small oil leak or drip that I have not found. Between 5,000 mile oil changes, I needed to add between .5-1 quart of oil. at the amount of miles I was driving, that meant I was changing the oil every 2 and half months. In the pictures, the trunk mats were removed to show the condition of the trunk itself. The mat and storage tray will be included in the sale. The sale includes the Robbins flexible rain rail new in the box and also the BF Goodrich G-Force 2?s that were removed and have 30-40% life left on the 4 primary tires and a matching, nearly new 5th tire for an emergency. The spare, jack, lug nut wrench and wheel lock key will be included, along with uninstalled Sunstorm gauge faces from Revlimiter.

The listing was made with local pick-up selection but if you are interested in shipping the vehicle, please contact me to discuss the potential. The car is located in Richmond,VA.

Please let me know of any additional questions about the car and thanks for reading,

Tim

List Date: 4/8/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: NB 2000 Miata LS
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTim For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (04-08-2015)

Drives
    2007 Yaris Eco-Slush
    Thanks Given
    FULL ITEM DESCRIPTION - ALL INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE READ. This would not fit in the Panjo description:

This listing is for a 2000 Mazda Miata LS in Twilight Blue Mica with a tan interior. The car will be sold as-is with no warranty expressed or implied.

I purchased this vehicle in October 2013 from my father’s coworker. At the time, the car had about 86,000 miles on it with a new Robbins Glass/Defroster Tan Top. It included the factory foglight switch but the bumper did not have mounting locations for foglights cut or installed and there was no front NB1 spoiler. This lead me to believe that the car was involved in a minor front end collision prior to me purchasing. The trunk also showed a signs of previous damage with a missing rear emblem and the drivers side corner of the trunk lid was pulled up slightly in the corner near the rear tail light.

The Miata fit my situation well. I lived about a mile from work and walked most days so I drove less than 20 miles a week typically. Upon getting the car, I replaced the catalytic converter to fix the CEL for a catalytic deficiency.

In December of 2013, I took a job located 1.5 hrs away from so the car became my primary transportation for extended commuting. To prep for all the added car time, I installed a Kenwood Excelon Stereo and Kenwood 6.5” components into the doors. The bose speakers and tweeters were removed and the amp was unplugged. I bypassed the bose amp by wiring the harness inputs to its corresponding outputs.

To make the car more reliable for my commute, I replaced the timing belt (OEM), front crank seal (OEM), front cam seals (OEM), water pump (OEM), valve cover gasket (OEM), spark plugs (NGK), wires and radiator. New BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 2’s tires in 195/50/15 were also installed. The Flyin Miata Shock Tower Brace and Racing Beat Front Sway Bar w/ Endlinks and reinforcement blocks were also installed - these items made the car much more stable to me at highway speeds/passing/ and in high winds. At this time, I discovered that the new top would leak some water into the trunk area during heavy rain. I purchased a Robbins rain rail but did not install. It is pictured and included in the sale.

In January, I acquired a cracked 10AE factory front spoiler. I epoxied, plastic-dipped, and mounted it to the car using the oem hardware. Unfortunately, I was unable to get home before the big snow-pocalypse hit in February 2014 and I re-cracked the front lip in the same location sliding off the road low-speed into some high snow/grass. The new black OEM floor mats were installed, too.

In March, I serviced the shifter with new turret oil, new OEM shifter bushings, a new shift boot and new console cover (the original one had a broken hinge), and ash tray. To improve the ride, I installed sound dampening tiles in the outer door skins along with closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl on the inner door skins behind the door card. That project was actually posted on the mazdaroadster.net forum. If desired, the foam and vinyl on the inner door skins is easy to remove/reversible. The sound dampening tiles are more permanent as they are backed with a strong adhesive and the core is made of butyl. At the time, I also replaced the door handles with new factory ones (the originals were badly scored from the previous owner. While working in the doors, I replaced the window regulators (OEM) and window guides (Teflon/Delrin from a MazdaRoadster vendor).

So about the VIR sticker in the storage shelf under the radio. This car was not “tracked” in the traditional sense and I am certainly no race car driver (unless we are talking Gran Turismo 5, ha!). I went to their open house to do parade laps for charity - if you are unfamiliar, they are paced, large run group tours around the track at highway speeds and under with all proceeds going to charity. The sticker was a freebie and putting it there held things from sliding out of the cubby.

By April 2014, I had been commuting for 5 months and was maintaining regular 5k oil change intervals with Mobil 1 10-30 synthetic.

In June 2014, the transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, and clutch fluid were changed. Fortunately, the existing fluid came out golden still, further suggesting that the previous kept up with maintenance. Redline Manual Trans fluid was used in the trans. Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Oil GL-5 was used in the diff. Valvoline Synthetic was used in the clutch master cylinder. In an effort to further improve comfort, I swapped out the often-criticized NB1 Leather seats for 97 black cloth seats. These are dimensionally similar and mounted the same, as I used the NB1 seat pan to retain the OEM seat belt fastening system.

In July, I was invited on a trip to Miatas at the GAP. In preparation for being in the mountains and having pads at the time that with less than 20% life, the brakes were serviced with new plain (no holes or slots) rotors on all corners and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads - a street pad that works from ambient, and doesn’t squeal. Caliper slider pins were inspected and lubed and the brakes were flushed with Valvoline Synthetic fluid. It was around this time too that a check engine light came up for the excessive EGR flow. This was common in the 1999 and 2000 model cars and it was a simple fix by removing the top half of the intake manifold to clean the EGR channels.

At the end of September 2014, I was unfortunately in my first collision. In tight traffic, the front end of the miata impacted the rear end of the car in front of me. No one was hurt, and the other vehicles damage was limited to some scratches on the clear coat. The miata had scrapes on the bumper that went down to the bumper. It pushed the front bumper back slightly and put a dent in the front edge of the hood. Also, the driver side headlight was scraped and one of the tabs is cracked. The passenger headlight was ok. With the hood latch still functional and all else going well, I continued to commute with the vehicle. The damages incurred have not been repaired and are shown in the pictures attached.

In October 2014 the air filter was replaced. In November, the car was taken off the road at approximately 110,000 miles and stored in my parents garage. Over the past 13 months, I had averaged over 1,700 miles a month in the car and it was clear I wasn’t going to be changing my situation soon, so I needed something better suited to my life.

April 2015, the car has brand new Continentals All Seasons in 195/50/15. The car has approximately 110,200 miles and is garage kept in Richmond, VA. It is not daily driven nor even weekend driven but mileage may vary as the car is driven every few weeks. The kick panel under the steering wheel was just replaced along with the rear Mazda trunk emblem. There is a small oil leak or drip that I have not found. Between 5,000 mile oil changes, I needed to add between .5-1 quart of oil. at the amount of miles I was driving, that meant I was changing the oil every 2 and half months. In the pictures, the trunk mats were removed to show the condition of the trunk itself. The mat and storage tray will be included in the sale. The sale includes the Robbins flexible rain rail new in the box and also the BF Goodrich G-Force 2’s that were removed and have 30-40% life left on the 4 primary tires and a matching, nearly new 5th tire for an emergency. The spare, jack, lug nut wrench and wheel lock key will be included, along with uninstalled Sunstorm gauge faces from Revlimiter.

The listing was made with local pick-up selection but if you are interested in shipping the vehicle, please contact me to discuss the potential. The car is located in Richmond,VA.

Please let me know of any additional questions about the car and thanks for reading,

Tim

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimTim For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (04-08-2015),Pyr0monk3y (04-08-2015)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Honest seller, legitimately well-maintained car. Very sorry to see this up for sale. Tim's a great part of the RDU community.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Pyr0monk3y (04-08-2015)

Drives
    2007 Yaris Eco-Slush
    Thanks Given
    All,

To clarify from the listing, this car is located in Richmond, VA but it is not limited to local buyers. Also, the price is "or best offer" - I realize I did not make that clear in the original listing. I can provide more pictures upon request. Cheers.

Drives
    2007 Yaris Eco-Slush
    Thanks Given
    Car has been sold. Moderators, if possible, please take down this thread.