Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: widow sports car

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by fwdtamiya View Post
    Dude got real pissed on FB when I said it looked like a replica TVR, started going at me with 2 or 3 different accounts Asking me how it resembles a TVR, even though it literally started life as TVR body panels.
    That why I like it, lol. It IS a TVR design, just cramped together.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    Many Cars
    Thanks Given
    It is TVR inspired but the entire thing was changed. I think the disconnect comes when people says it looks like like.....:Insert TVR model here"

It has 3 headlights on each side. Thats about the only think that resembles a TVR in my opinion. Look at it from the side, rear, even the front (minus lights) and its all different . The lines of the car are not even close to anything TVR.

I should have one in the states in Feb hopefully. I will put a build thread together for everyone.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    The VW rear lights don't work.

Doubt they are US legal

This really is the wrong car for the OP to hack up. He took a Mk1 MX5 roadster and chopped it up, when he should have done it to a Mk2/2.5;

1. Mk1s are now appreciating in the UK. His model depended on getting hold of a £500 MX5 that needed no welding. Those cars don't exist anymore. His example of a "rust free" Mk1 for £700 is very misleading. It would take you a long time to find that car.

2. Mk2s are being broken for spares left right and centre, due to the extensive structural rot problems they have in the front chassis legs. Its fixable of course. This should have been the donor car for this project. His business case has collapsed. Plus, the more modern Mk2 door would work with this TVR Sagaris/T350 knockoff. Oh, and proper T350s can be had now for under £20k.

In any case, the MEC Replicar is a better basis if you feel the urge to butcher a dead MX5

More or less the same price as a Widow, with a spaceframe chassis thrown in.

Frankly, this car is up there, aesthetically, with the David Beckham Eunos Roadster

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/vi...c.php?p=530485

Last edited by roadsternut; 12-13-2015 at 04:32 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadsternut For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (12-13-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (12-13-2015)

Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcarguy View Post
    It is TVR inspired but the entire thing was changed. I think the disconnect comes when people says it looks like like.....:Insert TVR model here"

It has 3 headlights on each side. Thats about the only think that resembles a TVR in my opinion. Look at it from the side, rear, even the front (minus lights) and its all different . The lines of the car are not even close to anything TVR.

I should have one in the states in Feb hopefully. I will put a build thread together for everyone.
    How is the allegedly "Euro style" beard coming along, which apparently Trevor drivers are meant to have.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    I LOVE the Aston Martin DBR1!!! Would love a replica car kit stateside! UK has some cool kit cars for sure.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    There's one in Arizona.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcarguy View Post

Back again for the holidays ?

Did you read the rules about advertising yet?

I can appreciate all the work you have done making this kit car but please dont come here just to spam the forum, all the sponsors here pay to advertise to help support this forum.

We really don't like when folks come here just to drop links and leave, all backlinks have been removed

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-13-2015),fwdtamiya (12-13-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (12-13-2015),roadsternut (12-13-2015),tsingson (12-13-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12