Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: ☆☆☆ '97M- Warbird ☆☆☆

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    I want to scream "Noooo!" but I know with your attention to detail you already have weighed all the options.

If there is something I can do to help let me know.

Just a thought, though I understand your time-line, a Warbird raffle at 'Palooza.
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-12-2016)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Well damn. All the best roadsters get parted out.

I've been there. It sucks. But it gets better. Luckily it only took me a few months to get back up on my feet and now I'm doing better than ever before, which lead me to buy my ND, Luna. My next plan is to buy back pandora from my uncle and turn her into an Exocet since she's just stock and it would cost entirely too much to bring her to her former glory. So I think Exocet would be the next best option.

But keep your head up and keep pushing. Who knows, maybe we'll see you in a ND in the future when the tide changes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cxmoney For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-12-2016),NCGreasemonkey (12-11-2016)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    @NCGreasemonkey: I definitely have Rick, short of borrowing money from family or friends which I don't care to do....this situation is on me and it is with in my power to correct, so I will even if the solution is this.

@Cxmoney: That is very humbling for Warbird to be in that group of 'the best roadsters' (not sure it does meet that high standard but is most appreciated none the less), thanks Chase for the kind words and encouragement. While a lousy situation it is, I remember that people have had far worse and more difficult situations that lead to such a decision but thankfully mine is just a matter of 'Benjamins', thank God that is as bad as it is....things can be replaced no matter how hard we might try to convince ourselves otherwise.

I don't know what I will get next...probably not a miata just because....well I'm not sure at this point. If/when I get another miata it would be a nb or nc and I told myself it would have to already have a supercharger or turbocharger setup...too soon to say. Either way I plan to stick around and will do a build thread for whatever I get, although it may not be as involved or get updates as frequently.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone RustRat's Avatar
    Drives
    Red NA8C 1.6L
    Thanks Given
    I am sitting here, with my phone on my hand the past 5 minutes trying to understand what's going on, what should I say. It's 8p.m., and my day is ruined

I... well. I guess it's the only way. If it's final, just pull the trigger and do it without hesitation. Don't look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RustRat For This Useful Post:

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Hey Chad been in your situation many a times and nothin' yes nothin' can stop an intelligent car enthusiast not much because of his knowledge but more so of his great imagination. I see you got both so I am confident you will be back even better. This is no more than a tight parallel parking thus you need to move back to go forward.
    Stay healthy and keep your options open. God speed my friend.
    Life is short drive a Miata

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mx54life For This Useful Post:

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Sorry to hear Chad, Warbird was truly one of my favorites and definitely an inspiration. I remember looking for updates in your build to drool over, for as long as I am in this forum. As such it will be missed, but it is not the end of the world. As long as you are strong and healthy, everything else is of less importance. Hope to see you hanging around! Keep it up my friend!
    Last edited by HarryB; 12-12-2016 at 11:52 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MiataQuest's Avatar
    Drives
    faster now with the Ecotec 2.4 (1992 white NA)
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 443 Posts
    Sorry to hear Chad.
    I hope something turns up in the next week to turn things around before you start parting out.
    Things will get better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MiataQuest For This Useful Post:

Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RustRat View Post
    I am sitting here, with my phone on my hand the past 5 minutes trying to understand what's going on, what should I say. It's 8p.m., and my day is ruined

I... well. I guess it's the only way. If it's final, just pull the trigger and do it without hesitation. Don't look back.
    Sorry I ruined your day Peter, at least it was in the A.M.

Quote Originally Posted by mx54life View Post
    Hey Chad been in your situation many a times and nothin' yes nothin' can stop an intelligent car enthusiast not much because of his knowledge but more so of his great imagination. I see you got both so I am confident you will be back even better. This is no more than a tight parallel parking thus you need to move back to go forward.
    Stay healthy and keep your options open. God speed my friend.
    Thanks for the encouragement Ed, it is appreciated but I realize the situation could be far worse so I'm grateful this can be solved with Benjamins.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Sorry to hear Chad, Warbird was truly one of my favorites and definitely an inspiration. I remember looking for updates in your build to drool over, for as long as I am in this forum. As such it will be missed, but it is not the end of the world. As long as you are strong and healthy, everything else is of less importance. Hope to see you hanging around! Keep it up my friend!
    Thanks Harry, that is very nice of you to say and it is very much appreciated. I do plan on sticking around even if I don't have a miata.

Quote Originally Posted by MiataQuest View Post
    Sorry to hear Chad.
    I hope something turns up in the next week to turn things around before you start parting out.
    Things will get better.
    Thanks Rene but it has already begun.

I have been surprised at how many has reached out and offered to help me however they can so Warbird doesn't get parted out and for this I am most grateful but 'I made my bed and now I have to sleep in it' so to speak. Just glad I wasn't a decade into this or might be taking this a lot worse. The community is the best part of owning a miata, i know i have said this countless times but it is so true. Thanks again for everyone's kind words, support and following the build the past few years.
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Sorry to hear man. Even if you don't have the Warbird anymore, I hope you stick around to chat with friends here. I would hate to see you go.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-22-2016)

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    As I said in email, DON'T BE A STRANGER!!! And good luck with the part out.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to revlimiter For This Useful Post:

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Hey Chad. Shoot me an e-mail.

I have tried to reply via PM the past two days. Even though I renewed my Supporting status they knocked me back to black lettering.

Randy is to busy humping the V-8 leg and settling in next door I guess.

rhardy11@triad.rr.com
    Last edited by NCGreasemonkey; 12-13-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Chad so sorry to hear that needs means Warbird is destined for a different future. Have loved following this build and really hope things get turned around quickly for you!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BRGNA8's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 378 Posts
    Damn This sucks Really loved following your build thread Chad. Hope whatever happens you stick around and as Cxmoney said, maybe we will see you in an ND (or even another NA) one day! Thanks for the inspirations

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRGNA8 For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-22-2016),HarryB (12-17-2016),NCGreasemonkey (12-17-2016),RustRat (12-17-2016)

Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Sorry to hear man. Even if you don't have the Warbird anymore, I hope you stick around to chat with friends here. I would hate to see you go.
    Thanks Anthony, and I definitely will be sticking around!

Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    As I said in email, DON'T BE A STRANGER!!! And good luck with the part out.
    Thanks Adam! Y'all can't get rid of me that easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Proyea View Post
    Chad so sorry to hear that needs means Warbird is destined for a different future. Have loved following this build and really hope things get turned around quickly for you!!
    Thanks Pete! I would have loved to sell Warbird intact but as most enthusiast knows you just can't get back what you invest so this was the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by BRGNA8 View Post
    This sucks Really loved following your build thread Chad. Hope whatever happens you stick around and as Cxmoney said, maybe we will see you in an ND (or even another NA) one day! Thanks for the inspirations
    I appreciate it Steve! You have to continue 'carrying the torch' for the green Miata owners, keep making us proud!

Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    12-21-16: While the part out is in full swing I am trying to get the '97M in order for the next owner and while I have kept up on maintenance there is one thing I kept putting off and that is a new battery...not sure why...maybe because I was trying to convince myself to get one of those sweet carbon fiber shell Braile batteries that pretty much no one would see...I don't know.

I have had problems with the battery off and on pretty much the whole time I have had Warbird but especially in the past year and I couldn't in good conscience sell it with a problem that could leave the new owner stranded. So I went and picked one up tonight.....at first glance it looks like any other battery.....

......but look a little closer....

....It is pretty neat that a aftermarket parts manufacturer uses "MIATA" for the part number on the battery. Goes to show just how influential this little roadster had been on the automotive world. I swore I wasn't going to cry...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

HarryB (12-22-2016),NCGreasemonkey (12-22-2016)

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637 LastLast