Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Lobo

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    looks good but I liked the wood wheel better since it matches the shifter and parking brake handle

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Corifto's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 526 Posts
    This wheel was bought as a temp one while I'm waiting for the replacement Nardi. But I might sell it when it arrives after realizing the 330 might be a little smaller than I remember.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (07-01-2015)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    340 to 350 feels about perfect for Miatas, if you get the smaller stuff it feels like a real Go-Kart

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, the Nardi is a 330 as well as the Momo. Retailer refused to refund it at first, and after a long talk he decided to offer a refund, but at a 10% restock and refund shipping. So it would've been a $60 hit. I decided to take the gamble that I could resell it at what I paid or close to it.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Just to backtrack a little, I also did my gauge needles in yellow and they were awesome.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    So today is a great day. And I only woke up 30 minutes ago. I feel like a kid on Christmas Morning. I received two tremendous packages in the mail.

The smaller package is from Bill at MiataRoadster. The second is from Adam/Revlimiter. We'll get to it in a minute. Save the best for last, right? Now that's not saying the MR package isn't noteworthy, because it's a great package in itself.

Now, the shifter in the BRG is probably one of the sloppiest shifters I've ever had. 13 cars, 10 manual, and it takes the cake. I knew I needed a MR kit to solve that. Unfortunately, I had missed out on the last Group Buy by a week or two. I messaged Bill to let me know if there were any leftovers once hte shipment came in, but began to look elsewhere, as the shifter was desperately in need of replacing.

Two/three days ago I was at a Mazda dealership visiting a friend and pricing out all of the shifter accessories. I got a text from Bill telling me there was one 5-spd stock height kit left. I paid immediately, and he shipped same day. Amazing service from Bill. And now I can hardly wait to put this on my car and feel the difference it makes.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (07-05-2015),tsingson (07-10-2015)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Now the package from Adam. I felt it deserved a post of its own.

Now since I have got back into Miatas, and started being a regular again, Adam and I have become friends. Great friends. That's saying something, because when I was younger, and was around the first time, Adam actually banned me from CR for a short period of time. I totally deserved it, but I jut think it's a funny little addition to this.

Back when I ordered my gauge set, Adam went crazy and made the Lobo gauges for me. Today's package might even come close to topping receiving that package.

First up is a black retro window switch. Even I was surprised by the quality and heft of this piece. It's solid, and I can't wait to install it.

Next up is a black hazard switch. I didn't want to take it out of the package and assemble it just yet.

The Miata logos on the sill plates aren't terrible, but they're worn. I needed new ones. I was stuck briefly with the decision of which way to go for the new ones. I believe it was Roadster, RX2 and the Type 60. For some reason, Adam slightly nudged me in the RX2 direction, which I was actually leaning towards. But we'll retouch on that a little later.

Now with the Lobo gauges, I couldn't stand having a normal HVAC panel, so I commissioned Adam to make something that will tie in with the Lobos. He did what Adam does.

My daily keychain is heavy and bulky. It's got doodads and doohickeys. And a few keys. The Miata deserves better. The Pole Position key deserves much better. I took some inspiration from Adam's SSR keychain and asked if he could make a Big End Rodder keychain. Adam once again did a thing.

Now, this next piece of the package is what makes this package so amazing. Not that the items up to this point were rubbish, but this just takes it higher. While ordering these items, Adam told me he had a gift for the back of my car. He told me it was something I needed, and it once belonged to Scrat. This was huge to me. Although I never mentioned it, two Miatas were my biggest muses both now and back when I was around the first time. Scrat and Sharka. I read and read, lusted over their build quality. When I left the "scene", Scrat wasn't finished. When I came back, Scrat had been sold and parted. Since then I had been trying to find a piece to have for myself, without luck. Hell, I almost bought the GV Trim Rings a few months ago just because.

Now a few emails later, Adam mentioned he had an idea for a small Sharka gift as well. Now that just took me into a full stupor. I was getting pieces of my two favorite cars.

I saved this box for last when it came to opening my package.

First up is Scrat's badge, that Geoff was never able to use. Geoff sent it back after Scrat was sold, and Adam thought it needed a good home, and surprisingly, he chose my car to be that home. Now I see why Adam was pushing in the RX2 direction for the sill inserts.

Next up is one of Sharka's hardtop badges. Adam didn't put them back on when Sharka was repainted. The other is on Sharka's cooling panel. Mine will probably go in the same place.

These items are a true treasure. Thank you Adam. They will both find a happy home.

Oh, and Adam threw in a front bumper replacement Mazda sticker. Be looking out for those on the store later on.

Here's a picture of the full package. I can't wait to throw all of this on the car.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-03-2015),Dandy (07-02-2015),HarryB (07-05-2015),Paul B (07-08-2015),revlimiter (07-03-2015),temp0ra (07-16-2015),TNRooster3 (08-05-2015),tsingson (07-10-2015),ueru (07-10-2015)

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Sometimes the mailman brings really cool stuff! Nice score.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    What's in the box??????

OOOOhh EXTREME!!!!!!!!

They're so cute and tiny.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-03-2015),revlimiter (07-03-2015)

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Now your car needs a name.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    "Creepy Avatar?"

No todo que es oro brilla.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

Johnnie (07-04-2015),Phatmiata (07-05-2015)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    Now your car needs a name.
    Haha I've been thinking the same. For quite a while.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    "Creepy Avatar?"
    Haha that's my Internet tough guy face.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-04-2015)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    So yesterday I went to Harbor Freight. I needed to get jack stands in order to put the parts car on for its final resting place as I strip it. I should not be allowed in HF unattended. I started looking at everything that would help strip a car, and tools I'd need regardless, and left with a $340 bill. Here's my haul.

Not pictured is a tool cart that I got $55 dollars off the already "on sale" price. $104.99 wasn't bad.

I also bought a 8pc metric GearWrench reversible set from Advance for half off, $30 well spent.

I figure with all of this and the Craftsman driver/socket sets I already have, the Kobalt drill and impact driver set I've got, I should be prepared to strip this car down.

Yes Adam, eventually I'll be buying the JIS Sharka set. I just can't justify the extra expense with everything else I've bought this last month.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (07-08-2015),tsingson (07-10-2015)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given

There's a slight size difference here.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corifto For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (07-08-2015),tsingson (07-10-2015)

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast