Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: MadaboutMX5s Version 2.0

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 472 Posts
    Red belts are hard to come by. From a Japanese perspective they only came in the S Limited model from 1993.

My OCD for originality with red interiors continued following Roadsternuts post on here a little while ago. Having completed or found full red plastic seat runner caps for my Pitcrew S Limited and S-Special come S Limited a friend pointed me in the direction of some others for sale. This now completes the set in my R Limited, which was missing some. Likewise also some photos of the polished cam cover I fitted to the R Limited.

I also bought a full set of black plastic seat runner caps, which will go in the silver roadster while have a spare set of red S Limited door cards I may use in the S Special come S Limited.

MadaboutMX5s

**** Tuckin 99 N2 'FM2 Turbo' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** Pitcrew Racing 'IRTB'd' Eunos Roadster ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Satellite Blue Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1993 Eunos Roadster 'JDM' S-Special ****
    **** 1991 'Stock' Eunos Roadster J Limited ****
    **** 1995 'Stock' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****
    **** 1994 'Stock' Eunos Roadster RS Limited ****
    **** GReddy Turbo 'Demo' Chaste White Eunos Roadster R Limited ****

Instagram
    Facebook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Madaboutmx5s For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (03-26-2017),HarryB (11-19-2016),JamieH (11-19-2016),MiataQuest (03-26-2017),oldgrayleather (11-19-2016)

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    All quiet at Garage MadaboutMX5s as with winter hibernation had kicked in and the roadsters have all been wrapped up to avoid the cold!

In between all this I met up with Pete on here while he was working over here in the UK and met him for a curry and chat about roadsters, which is always good.

I have also gone outside the Mazda stable and bought a Rev3 MR2 Turbo. I have owned 3 or 4 before but the last around 13 years ago. This one is a nice specification but some parts not necessarily to my taste. I got it as like a mate said I had been talking about it long enough and it was an itch I needed to scratch. My gut feel is they are going up in price like a lot of 90's cars as they reach almost classic status so got one while I could afford to.

The Toyota turned up looking like this -

It is a nice spec but I don't like the border front bumper so have sold that and currently it is a work in progress as has a standard rev3 front bumper going on, various bodywork, electrical and mechanical work to get to a standard I am happy with.

Back on the roadsters around October or November I ordered some custom parts from Trap, Nakamae and while I was at it some bits from Zeromotive. They turned up just after the new year but with the cold weather set untouched while I found the motivation and time to work on the black roadster they were planned for. Today with better weather I fitted the new parts and also a RS Products heater control panel and heater control knobs I got from Ry on here.

Car hasn't been cleaned since it was garaged but I am happy with the changes. The car has come a long way in the time I have had it and restored back.

Thanks for looking.

MadaboutMX5s

Instagram
    Facebook

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Madaboutmx5s For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (03-26-2017),Greasemonkey2000 (03-26-2017),Hammerhead (03-27-2017),HarryB (03-26-2017),JamieH (03-26-2017),NCGreasemonkey (03-27-2017),Paul B (03-26-2017)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    I'm liking the updates

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Great to see these updates James.. hopefully the worst of winter is behind and we'll be seeing more . Yet another of your cars is coming along incredibly well! + glad to see the MR2's Border bumper gone?

Some clarification ?'s.. is that the TRAP dash cover/ Zoom center console? and whose air vent aluminum covers are those?

Next time we connect will have to get you to show my how to get the RS Products HVAC control knob to work. The AC button and sliders are great but the large knob just spins.

Cheers, Pete

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by fwdtamiya View Post
    I'm liking the updates
    Thanks. I have been busy with work and with the cold and damp weather here in the UK didn't motivate me to use the cars. The MR2 I bought in January 2017 but not used it yet. I'm putting back to a more stock exterior. It's lowered on HKS springs, Super Advan Rallye alloys, Blitz NUR Spec exhaust whilst has a few engine upgrades. I've been sorting the exterior, wiring, some mechanical parts.

Most of the roadsters are where I want them so likely just some maintenance this year apart from one or two minor updates

Quote Originally Posted by oldgrayleather View Post
    Great to see these updates James.. hopefully the worst of winter is behind and we'll be seeing more . Yet another of your cars is coming along incredibly well! + glad to see the MR2's Border bumper gone?

Some clarification ?'s.. is that the TRAP dash cover/ Zoom center console? and whose air vent aluminum covers are those?

Next time we connect will have to get you to show my how to get the RS Products HVAC control knob to work. The AC button and sliders are great but the large knob just spins.

Cheers, Pete
    Yeah I sold the border front bumper. The MR2 will have a stock finish but lowered with some period mods, etc. I'm not keen on the MR2 kits in general so cannot see this changing.

The dash insert is by trap and then retrimmed in the same red leather Nakamae use. I did this as their colour match to the red interior in the MK1 is spot on. I've the same part in my Pitcrew and something I've always liked so putting a red interior in this car it seemed a obvious choice. The other parts obvious in the interior are Zoom Enhijeering.

The alloy vent vent control knobs are by Zeromotive. On the RS Products heater control knob I build up the back of the fan knob so it's tight and then it works. Don't know if that's the right way but works for me.

MadaboutMX5s

Instagram
    Facebook

Drives
    1993-LE Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 523 Posts
    Outstanding MX-5!

Quote Originally Posted by Madaboutmx5s View Post
    On the RS Products heater control knob I build up the back of the fan knob so it's tight and then it works. Don't know if that's the right way but works for me.
    ^^THIS!^^ I haven't figured out the best way yet to get this knob to 'grab' the rotational fan switch. For such a nicely machined piece of metal, they couldn't machine it to fit? Arrrggghh

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Outstanding MX-5!

^^THIS!^^ I haven't figured out the best way yet to get this knob to 'grab' the rotational fan switch. For such a nicely machined piece of metal, they couldn't machine it to fit? Arrrggghh
    Hey James.. any more detail on what you use to build it up? I've tried tiny strips of double sided tape inside the hole which worked but only for a short time. Would love to finally have this riddle solved. Glad to know there's atleast three of us with this problem as many folks have said they had no issues

Drives
    FM2 Turbo Roadster
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Outstanding MX-5!

Thanks. When I bought this roadster it was in need of TLC and a real crying shame to the tricked up Roadster that had arrived in the UK in 2008 with a host of tricked up parts.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgrayleather View Post
    Hey James.. any more detail on what you use to build it up? I've tried tiny strips of double sided tape inside the hole which worked but only for a short time. Would love to finally have this riddle solved. Glad to know there's atleast three of us with this problem as many folks have said they had no issues
    Ive noticed the clear plastic rod the large control knob fits onto is loose. I tried tape but that just got pushed onto the button. Not an ideal fix but works for me as AC removed but I used butyl tape. Heater fan speed works which is what I need.

MadaboutMX5s

Instagram
    Facebook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Madaboutmx5s For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (03-27-2017)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Madaboutmx5s View Post
    Thanks. When I bought this roadster it was in need of TLC and a real crying shame to the tricked up Roadster that had arrived in the UK in 2008 with a host of tricked up parts.

Ive noticed the clear plastic rod the large control knob fits onto is loose. I tried tape but that just got pushed onto the button. Not an ideal fix but works for me as AC removed but I used butyl tape. Heater fan speed works which is what I need.
    Thanks again. Since my AC works (and is needed ;) will have to find another route..

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314