8/9/15

On Friday I took the wire wheels with good tires to my preferred tire place and had them swapped over to my 15 inch bug wheels. That is not my ideal solution, but I could not take the wire wheels any more. They were a pain to take on and off because of the adapter that the previous owner had on to make them fit. Now I have wheels that fit the car better. I now need to source 4 original hub caps. After I mounted the relatively new and good tires to the bug wheels I drove the bus to a local car show. There were quite a few other buses in attendance as well and I chatted with a few people. We exchanged some contact info and recommendations on places locally to get parts.

Today, I cleaned and oiled my air filter oil bath, adjusted my valves replaced my valve cover gaskets, changed my oil, and cleaned out the oil mesh screen. The bus started up much faster after I did all of these things than it previously has. I also found out that the previous owner had installed a pertronix ignitor inside my distributor. Now I don't have to spend the money to buy one.

I am still waiting for my package from bus depot. With my new parts I will feel much more comfortable driving the bus around. Hopefully it is here before Saturday. There is a local VW club that is having a drive to the everglades that I wanted to go to.