Thread: MX-5 Launch Edition Delivery Escondido, CA

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone MRnewsBot's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda News
    Thanks Given

MX-5 Launch Edition Delivery Escondido, CA

Watch as the first 2016 Mazda MX-5 Launch Edition's are delivered to Mazda of Escondido.

A historic today for the MX-5's and their excited owners!

I am your Mazda News Bot!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MRnewsBot For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (07-20-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (07-20-2015),Phatmiata (07-20-2015),TNRooster3 (07-21-2015),tsingson (07-21-2015)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Hum not exactly a variety in the demographic present....

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    young whipper snappers already gobbled up the BRZ fanboi cars

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I know the saying is don't judge a book by it's cover. Yet, I still can't help but to think those cars are going to live a life of weekend point A to B driving, getting a bit of full throttle in a straight line, and the tires never making any noise with any discernible amount of steering input. All I see is just, dull, boring, safe drivers.

I feel like if you aren't driving a Miata a little like an asshole, you're missing the point. Because lets be honest, a good "enthusiastic" drive breaks a few laws. I just don't see Miatas as cruisers... unless they're automatics.

I mean, maybe it's a good thing for when those cars get resold at lower prices to younger buyers. They'll still be in good enough condition that they can take being beaten on like a professional athlete's spouse and still look just as good afterwards.

Maybe some would look at what I'm saying as asinine or childish or something, but the Miata is a sports car. It should live the life of one. And some people just aren't sports car drivers, even if they own one.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    I know the saying is don't judge a book by it's cover. Yet, I still can't help but to think those cars are going to live a life of weekend point A to B driving, getting a bit of full throttle in a straight line, and the tires never making any noise with any discernible amount of steering input. All I see is just, dull, boring, safe drivers.

I feel like if you aren't driving a Miata a little like an asshole, you're missing the point. Because lets be honest, a good "enthusiastic" drive breaks a few laws. I just don't see Miatas as cruisers... unless they're automatics.

I mean, maybe it's a good thing for when those cars get resold at lower prices to younger buyers. They'll still be in good enough condition that they can take being beaten on like a professional athlete's spouse and still look just as good afterwards.

Maybe some would look at what I'm saying as asinine or childish or something, but the Miata is a sports car. It should live the life of one. And some people just aren't sports car drivers, even if they own one.
    Nah, you don't need to drive like an "a-hole" to enjoy a Miata, you just need to track it or autoX it to unlock its real potential.

I don't mind just pimping in mine on the street, aint nothing wrong with cool whips

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    I've owned a Miata since '91, but I have never tracked or autoX any of my Miatas, so I can't say what that feels like. So throwing gravel in a hairpin turn while running the Devil's Triangle or squalling tires on the TN-85 going up Wilder Mtn. is not " "enthusiastic" enough? How about taking on the Dragon at 6am on a Friday or Saturday morning? This is an old " Whipper Snapper" that likes to cruise from point A to Point B, but I like some curves and twists in between the points, and my "Cool Whip" is called Rooster- HA HA.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post

And yes, I will be thankful that someone that bought a Ceramic ND and keeps it in good shape, then trades it in so I can buy it in a couple of years.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Surely one of those cars is now shrink-wrapped and sitting in a garage in the San Diego area, waiting to be uncovered in 20 years to be sold for $50k.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Dandy (07-21-2015)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Yep that to.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Launch editions are already going up in value too!

Less than a mile from dealership, rear ended and pushed into a car ahead.

http://www.autotalk.com/first-2016-m...wrecked-27284/