Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agent☣Orange II

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Oh man, C5s are simply the best bang for the buck IMO. They're affordably priced, plentiful (many lower mileage garage queens) and are gorgeous, powerful beasts. The aftermarket is crazy full of performance parts for cheap and you only have to spend a weekend's beer fund to add another 100hp.

Even up against a Miata, a C5 is the best value around but it won't last forever...and I love Miatas!

No todo que es oro brilla.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    I'm going to be starting a build thread but since I'm just getting my windows tinted by a pro, it doesn't really qualify as the start of a build thread so I thought I'd go ahead and post this here. Turns out, my installer had two cars today, mine and a Z06 right in front of the Honda dealer I just got my Civic from. In fact, he tinted my Civic too.

That Z has an aluminum chassis, a 427 bored out to some unnatural size with forged internals and nitro. Nothing in the state can touch it. Here in the land of retired pilots, Ferraris and Lamborghinis run around freely until they encounter this car that not only embarrasses them but steals their hot, Scandinavian girlfriends.

Anyway, after doing nothing for the past year, I decided to get the ball rolling and at least get the windows tinted in order to spark my interest in stereo and performance installs this summer. Your's truly is the Inferno Orange on the left and the Z06 on the right is in red. Personally, I'm no fan of black wheels so while the Z is meaner looking, my beatch is sexier and with much better manners despite the family resemblance.

If you're even the slightest bit color blind, it's hard to tell the difference. In fact, even the military tests for this at MEPS so if you can tell the difference, you're good to go, if not, don't worry because somehow they still let me in anyway.

We went back and forth on the more expensive ceramic stuff compared to the plain dyed stuff but since he did my Civic the week before, he gave me a break on the price. Hey, it's a small business hustle so I don't mind paying a little extra for the theatrics and turns out he was right anyway.

Still, most of the time the roof is off and the windows are down but what the hell... Here is Agent☣Orange today but by the end of summer (well maybe a little into winter and summer of next year), it's going to be a whole lot lower, faster, meaner and louder than a zero-interest-for-18-months, credit-card can handle.

No todo que es oro brilla.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

BRGNA8 (06-04-2016),Dandy (06-04-2016),kung fu jesus (06-04-2016),MiataQuest (06-04-2016),NCGreasemonkey (06-04-2016),Phatmiata (06-04-2016),tsingson (06-04-2016)

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Gorgeous. Is it OK if we refer to the color of your car as evolution orange, just so we don't get confused?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dandy For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-06-2016)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Looking good

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-06-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12