Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts

Kirin the '93LE Roadster

Why did I name my car "Kirin"? Well several reasons;

1) I like Kirin Ichiban beer
    2) I needed a name for the Miata
    3) The Kirin is the Most powerful creature in Japanese mythology
    (part Dragon/Horse/Unicorn)

Anyhow, here is my recently acquired 1993LE Miata, it came factory fresh with super low miles 8,800 or some madness. (not bad for a 19 year old car ) The prior owner was from south florida that never drove it in the rain, always kept in a garage under a car cover and only hand washed it. I spoke with him on the phone about the car briefly as I had questions about the Sebring SuperCharger that was installed on it. He told me he bought it new and drove it to mazda and had them install it for him. Anyhow, I saw this car and just fell in love.

Here is the ad with photo as it read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellers Description

1993 LE Miata with 8,800 Miles. Supercharged by Mazda Dealership and One Owner car!

Original paint, panels, soft top. Original Bilstein suspension, BBS wheels. Has the full red tonneau cover, red boot and some swag (key chain, owners letter and books). Oh yeah.... original Bridgestone tires as well (ha!). Hand washed only. Okay, so for the purists, its not unadulterated but it does move out quite a bit better than stock. Sebring Supercharger AND to really tweak the fundamentalists, it has a pin stripe. Its vinyl, so easily removable. Everything is stock and working. Cold R12 AC, quick windows, fast working power antenna, all back lights on the MSSS radio work (CD has been checked and works), cruise control works, power mirrors work like new, etc..

This color combo has always been a dream of mine, as my first Miata was a black and tan 1992-SE. Then I saw one of these and just always wanted one. Well guess what, I finally have one! woot woot !!

Plans are to remove the supercharger and install a turbo, along with lots of parts I have leftover from my last build, the R2-Limited.

Here are some photos of her, say hello to ..... Kirin

Here is when I first picked her up!!

Crazy clean interior is crazy clean

….. and the car is running a mild 6psi boost

So far the only thing I have done with the 1993 LE was remove the original 20 year old Bridgestone tires and install some fresh Falken tires.

Falken Azenis 615K's 195/60 -14's got these from a friend in the local club who had them less than a month and upgraded to 15" wheels/tires.

Got these from Rick at http://www.RoadsterTECH.net thanks man!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

flooglemop (01-01-2016),JamieH (02-19-2015)