Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panjo

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! medition's Avatar
    Drives
    Ridley Noah RS
    Thanks Given

Panjo

I received notice via email that Panjo was taking over the for sale/classifieds advertising, and thought nothing of it. I had zero concerns, and no real interest in seeing what that meant. That is, until today. Someone purchased the RS HVAC panel I listed, and I was notified by Panjo that that was the case, and whether I wanted to be paid. Strange question I thought, so I looked at my Paypal account, and I don't have any money there. I contacted the buyer via email to find out whether he paid, and how much, because I don't even know whether the shipping cost was factored in. Frankly, there's too much of an unknown with some of these services that claim to be for the betterment of the masses. Also, they want 7% of the money, on top of the Paypal fees, which is stupid, as it doesn't help the seller at all, especially one who has been part of a community of enthusiasts for the better part of 4 years at Mazdaroadster.net, and many more years on other forums. If Panjo is the answer, I'm not sure I want to participate. I would much rather pay the webmaster a yearly enthusiast fee, sell my cool stuff here, and benefit myself and others, not some third party money handler. Any thoughts anyone?

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    I hate Panjo. Always have. Main reason why I sell on the other forums more often than here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power bogaut's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda Familia
    Thanks Given
    7 percent?? thats damn near what ebay charges, and ebay reaches a much larger audience.

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bogaut View Post
    7 percent?? thats damn near what ebay charges, and ebay reaches a much larger audience.
    I don't think I will be doing business with that fee on top of everything else, which is extremely depressing to me. Sure, for the most part, until you hit the $600 price range the fees are sub-$40. idk, I probably won't be selling on panjo now.
    `89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Panjo was originally set at the minimum you can set it at which is 1% And the Supporting members are supposed to be exempt from ALL fees.

I will send Panjo an email to see what's going on. And FWIW eBay charges 15%+++ and they also now charge 15% of your shipping charges. I sell stuff on ebay as well.

Regardless there is probably not many forums that would want to charge 7% in fees. And if that is the case I can just drop the service since it's optional anyhow.

I will respond back in this thread as soon as I hear back from Panjo.

Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    If that is true about supporting members I could retract my statement. Although I still don't know how others would feel. I don't sell on ebay, or very often, I just worry that a 7% fee on top of paypal/shipping would make me impulse not sell.

Thanks Phat for sorting it out.

Supporting Member artcentermiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver Fastback NB / Blue NA
    Thanks Given
    I used to enjoy Panjo's interface when it was less of a standalone to this site...

But now its taken way too many liberties- and making a simple classified ad has become a huge hassle... Having to think about fees, raising your pricing, and not being able to simply offer shipping or local pickup in the same ad without measuring a box and weighing it is a crazy amount of work for a forum marketplace.

Im not losing 7+3% in fees for a parts im already going to lose money on because of value loss / haggling

Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    I think right now the motivation is Phat is looking into it, and this wasn't supposed to happen.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    My guess is that was some new default setting for the panjo software.

I remember when we first installed it I had to change the default setting from a higher amount down to the bare minimum.

Either way I'm going to resolve this guys. Please have some patience.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckkehrMiata View Post
    If that is true about supporting members I could retract my statement. Although I still don't know how others would feel. I don't sell on ebay, or very often, I just worry that a 7% fee on top of paypal/shipping would make me impulse not sell.

Thanks Phat for sorting it out.

That is correct. We've had some technical problems during the past couple of weeks, a couple of them Panjo related. Their own tech comes in and admins it, maintains it and fixes any problems their coders might have missed.

I think when they installed a newer version, it defaulted to the 7% anomaly mentioned already. I don't know because I haven't seen any fees. I assure you, nobody here just abruptly decided to raise fees, especially for supporting member who should continue to use the service for free.

No todo que es oro brilla.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

tsingson (09-27-2015)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    I was charged a lot of money in Panjo fees when I sold the FM twin cooler

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    How much as the item, and how much was the charge in fees, please define "a lot of money"

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by medition View Post
    I received notice via email that Panjo was taking over the for sale/classifieds advertising, and thought nothing of it. I had zero concerns, and no real interest in seeing what that meant. That is, until today. Someone purchased the RS HVAC panel I listed, and I was notified by Panjo that that was the case, and whether I wanted to be paid. Strange question I thought, so I looked at my Paypal account, and I don't have any money there. I contacted the buyer via email to find out whether he paid, and how much, because I don't even know whether the shipping cost was factored in. Frankly, there's too much of an unknown with some of these services that claim to be for the betterment of the masses. Also, they want 7% of the money, on top of the Paypal fees, which is stupid, as it doesn't help the seller at all, especially one who has been part of a community of enthusiasts for the better part of 4 years at Mazdaroadster.net, and many more years on other forums. If Panjo is the answer, I'm not sure I want to participate. I would much rather pay the webmaster a yearly enthusiast fee, sell my cool stuff here, and benefit myself and others, not some third party money handler. Any thoughts anyone?
    Frank,

Did you notice I was the person that purchased the AD Door Handles??? You said you had problems in Panjo and getting your money?? It shows on my paypal that the money was sent directly to you, in fact it even added $12.65 in shipping. What does it show on your side?? You should not have any fees since you are a supporting member.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Idling - Listen to it purr... Panjo's Avatar
    Drives
    Green 2013 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by medition View Post
    Medition - sorry I am just getting to this thread now. Panjo and Mazda Roadster have been partners for a while. The email you received last week was related to a new configuration between Panjo and Mazda Roadster. The gallery view of the Mazda Roadster marketplace moved from one location to another. If you didn't have money in your PayPal account immediately post sale, that means that you didn't supply your PayPal account info when you created your listing. That is optional. In that case (your case) Panjo will still allow a buyer to purchase the item for the asking price and subsequently confirm that you have the item and are willing to ship to the buyer's location. Post confirmation, Panjo transfers the buyer's payment to you. You can optionally add a PayPal account to your marketplace account at any time so that you will be paid immediately upon purchase. Mazda Roadster members DO NOT pay a 7% transaction fee. Panjo is fee free for Supporting members. Non supporting members pay a 2% transaction fee, 100% of which goes to fund the operating costs of the forum.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Panjo's Avatar
    Drives
    Green 2013 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Hyper - Here is your profile page with your sales record:
    http://www.panjo.com/profile/mp_455_hyper

I see you sold your FM twin cooler on March 24, 2015.

For the $525 sale, you incurred:
    $10.50 (2% non supporting member transaction fee.)
    $15.53 (2.9% + $0.30 PayPal payment processing fee)
    $26.03 total on the $525 sale.

NEW TOPIC - I am going to reach out to you independently. I see that your account seems to have not upgraded as a result of a username conflict issue.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Panjo For This Useful Post:

Jarrett (09-29-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast