View Poll Results: Black or Tan in White?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Be the man, choose TAN!

9 75.00%
  • BLACK AND RED, kill 'em dead!

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest Opinions Requested

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts

Honest Opinions Requested

The question: Keep the tan interior and stay classy, or swap the interiors and go race-y? two completely different looks, both of them fantastic in their own ways.

So, as I've already posted, I'm parting out my 2000. Here is a link with some pics. http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-Demon-does-NB . The interior on this car came from a 2002. The dash is mostly flawless 9:10, the carpet is maybe a 7:10, the seats are good condition MSM red/black cloth ones 8:10, The center console is OK, with the usual light scratching 7:10. The kick panels are average for the age. The rear carpet and panels have been cut to fit the side striker plates and rollbar. The top is a decent vinyl with zip-out window, though it is almost too tight to close on some days.

The current car is this one: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....er-white-Miata . Most of the interior qualifies in the 9 category. There are a few small stains on the rear parcel tray. The driver seat has the expected wear and tear from a 2004. The Robbins canvas top is truly amazing, I don't want another car without one. The stock style leather seats are not as comfortable as the cloth MSMs. Pretty sure the biscuit Lotus seats would match well, or I could foamectomy the seats.

So tomorrow morning the black interior is coming out of the 2000. I already have buyers lined up for the interior and the top. Do I cancel on them and install the black into the 2004?
    The current look is classy, and grown-up... the other would be fast and powerful. The current look is somewhat unique. Am I delusional for liking this combo? Everyone else seems to have the black in white combo. Is there a reason that everyone ditches the tan? This has been tearing at me since I got the car... I need to decide by tomorrow, so give me your honest opinions opinions.

My heart says keep the tan, my penis says make it black and red.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    A black and red or custom red interior would look awesome! But the tan and white looks good...more mature and subtle. I have honestly considered going to a black interior multiple times especially considering the tan na6 dash is harder to come by.

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, If only they had made a LE tinted interior for the NB. I'd be all over it. Sure the carpet would fit, but I don't like the NA dash in the NB; the styles contrast too much. And painting interior plastics rarely works well for very long.

Drives
    a V8 Roadster
    Thanks Given
    You must make the call. The car will be a reflection of who you are and what you want the car to be. It is a tough decision and its yours.

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Yeah I definitely get that. It's just nice to see what other people would do, given the same situation.

The other factor to consider is that even good quality tan interiors are much harder to resale than the black stuff. The black interior would be sold as soon as I pulled it. The tan interior would probably be around for a while.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    If it were me I'd keep the tan. I swapped my red 96 from tan to black and regretted it later.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Voted tan to stay classy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dandy For This Useful Post:

tsingson (10-21-2015)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    It's all about flow so you can achieve balance and harmony. You pick your fight. Interior or exterior you should be able to bring both together. A white body with tan interior will flow well with gold (classy) or bronze (sporty) rims. NB has more curve lines to disrupt so keeping an honest retro look will be a challenge. The simplier the add ons the better, like the 95-M seats will feel at home in the NB. The JDM NA Nardi steering wheel compliments the tan color. Satin metal pieces will give the tan and white color combo the expensive finish. Lastly the "stance" will give that look-at-me call. Follow your heart at least it has a longer duration than our penis lol. Just my 2 cents.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone RustRat's Avatar
    Drives
    Red NA8C 1.6L
    Thanks Given
    My vote goes to tan. It matches well with the car, it's classy yet modern, and it suits the white and gold (if you keep the wheels) theme very well.

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    The only opinion I ever have is an honest one. It drives my wife crazy.

My favorite color combo is white paint and a red interior. BUT, that would require you to source a full 93LE interior. I'm not into the red accent thing. It looks okay, but it's not a show stopper drool inducing thing like a full red interior.

Your tan interior is gorgeous. Add a few chrome accents and it will pop like crazy. Resist the urge to add black accents or to add too many shiny things.

I vote tan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to revlimiter For This Useful Post:

tsingson (10-21-2015)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Voted tan as well. My favourite NB2 interior is that delicious brown/chocolate one of the Phoenix, but tan comes as a second close. Carpet needs attention not to get messy, and I do not like silver against tan (IMHO black looks way better), but the rest looks class! You know what suits it perfectly? A wooden Nardi, wooden shifter and handbrake knobs...oh and the feeling of a wooden wheel rim is just amazing!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Pfunk's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 NB
    Thanks Given
    Tan is somewhat less common than black, easier on the ass in summer, too. That said, I think either should just be an inflection point on your way to a full custom interior.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Slipstreem's Avatar
    Drives
    Touka (1993)
    Thanks Given
    If it was me I would go with pure black. Interior to me should represent your type of clothing style. I'll use myself as an example since I don't know what kind of style you like. Of course this is just my opinion.

Black interior says business casual. A nice button up, some jeans, and some DC shoes. Or it can say weekend fun with just a plain T-shirt with some print on it.

Tan interior gives off a fancy "I'm the boss" vibe. Very suit, slacks, and tie like. Not saying that's a bad thing. Just seems like it has an upkeep to hold.

That's just how I feel but, I'm sure at the end of the day whatever you choose to do. Black, tan, or neon hot pink it'll end up looking very good.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    I am voting for Tan, I would love to rock a tan interior Miata, but I need to buy another NA for that.

I VOTED TAN

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    He has to stick with tan now. The black interior sold right after we pulled it from the car.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (10-21-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast