Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    New year, time to at least make a valiant effort in staying away from the bad habits and starting off in earnest on the goods ones. Returning to California has made exercising a lot easier. At least I can't blame the weather to not get out on my bike every morning. Eating healthier isn't as easy when I'm back to cooking for myself but I am trying to buy healthy. And there's no time like the present to not leave my build thread to languish for months at a time. Not much new to report other than its a shock to the system to go from -20 to 70. But the nice kind of shock. As much as I'd intended to avoid it, I've had to be honest with myself that year round Roadster-ing kind of had become taken for granted. And roads that aren't covered in salt and grit. Not no more!!

The connecting flight through Seattle was delayed five hours then cancelled but I managed to get back in just over 20 hours. When I landed I took an Uber straight to Integrated to pick up my car which was a hell of a nice way to be welcomed back! I'd cracked my windshield trying to replace the molding so had a new one installed. Lost my MRLS numbers and a few of the other decals but will be able to remedy that before long. Not having to look through 30 years of pitting has been a true delight. I particularly notice it at night with my first drive up to PV just about sundown. You all know I'm terrible with a camera but feel pretty good about these. That first weekend had several drives as will the days and weeks to come before heading back to see the family...

Sunday was a 5 year old's birthday party for a close KINOD friend and then hanging with JonB and Bill Wilner into the evening. As much as I miss Mrs. R and my boys it is so nice to get time with the Roadster Family here...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Cermivelli (01-13-2022),Greasemonkey2000 (01-29-2023),HarryB (01-13-2022),MiataQuest (01-22-2022),Slampen (01-13-2022),speedypenguin (04-24-2023),ueru (01-14-2022)