Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Getting a lift was going to accomplish two key goals, increasing the indoor storage space for the Roadsters and making working on them easier. I’d never pulled a wrench on my own cars until I got my Miata and I’m old enough that crawling on the ground under a car on jack stands isn’t ideal. I’ve also been lucky enough to work on cars at Woolery’s and 949 with a lift and loved how much easier it made everything. Given the storage need a four post lift was the only way to go and the extra height ceiling meant I could get one with a max rise to 82” to make it easiest to work underneath. That lead to ordering a Bendpak HD-9XW (standard width, extra tall) with the Low Profile Rolling bridge jack (RJ45LP). Eldest son who was taking care of BRG drove out from college to visit and was the first car to try it out.

The tricky bit was going to be figuring out how to fit everything into the spaces

So BRG went back to College, the coupe did a road trip to California and Benny joined the ol’ daily to settle down for the winter snow season.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

speedypenguin (04-24-2023)