Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    BERG hasn’t been getting a ton of attention lately so finally placed an order with Moss for a replacement Robbin’s top in tan canvas. The old vinyl top had started to tear which I’d stitched up as a short term stopgap but was far from being water tight. The morning dew was leading to more moisture in the car than needed and since a 3k oil change was scheduled for Thursday had Integrated do the job at the same time. Love the result which is even more noticeable on a tan top than black. Now just need to leave it up for a couple weeks to help it stretch.

To celebrate another KINOD-ers birthday I brought candles and planned to pick up a couple dozen donuts at Krispy Kreme since we’ve long since lost sight of that tradition (pretty much since we had to relocate away from their parking lot). While waiting in line another KINOD-er who hadn’t been in a while was on her way out carrying a couple boxes with 24 glazed. Glad she saw me as 48 would have been just a bit too ambitious. David didn’t make it so we celebrated without him…

To complete the tradition, had to swing by In N Out for a late night burger after the blast home.

It never ceases to amaze me how consistent and limited people are with their color selection for new cars. While running some errands this weekend, that fact was really emphasized in the underground garage next to my contrasting Mariner paint.

And to close out the weekend, eldest son lent a hand swapping out the hardtop brackets courtesy of CarMakeCorns USA. These absolutely transformed the fitment of the top which made the start to the week all that much better…

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

BRGNA8 (11-25-2018),Greasemonkey2000 (11-13-2018),HarryB (11-13-2018),MiataQuest (11-13-2018),MLambert19 (11-13-2018),speedypenguin (11-14-2018)