Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Burnt Fish, NC MK3 from Malaysia Story

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Car looks really good, congrats! I hope the insurance non sense gets worked out soon enough, i know it must not be easy not being able to drive the roadster for such a extended period.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

This is a Lamp (03-28-2016)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power freedomgli's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 433 Posts
    Keep up the good work. I like those 57FXX wheels the best so far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to freedomgli For This Useful Post:

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '07 NC Miata 6MT swapped from 6AT - Marrakesh Brown
    Thanks Given
    Update 22.03.16

Before anything, I have to send Patin to inspection by the authorities so it'll be deemed as road legal since insurance company finally requested one.

So I set a booking for an inspection last Friday 18.03.16.

The inspectors were checking out other cars for illegal things such as dark tints and mismatched chassis/engine number, unsafe interior etc. but when they went over to my car, they looked around in my engine bay, then put a thumbs up. Didn't even bother looking at the tint (which I took out as a precaution) or the interior, just stared at the engine bay haha. 30mins later, inspection passed with flying colours!

That Thursday (picked it up for the night) and Friday was the first time that I could drive the car around town, and wow, 6AT to 6MT is like a completely different galaxy altogether. The pull and enjoyment of shifting, indescribable. I still wonder why Mazda Malaysia didn't bring in Manuals...even the ND was brought in as 6AT variants!

Some shots of the day since I had time

Still funny seeing the paddle shifter on the steering and the AT cluster there but with a manual shifter haha.

Took two videos before returning the car to the service center, since it's still under the test plate for the inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
    Keep up the good work. I like those 57FXX wheels the best so far.
    Thanks! It's my favourite wheel since I saw it online, would like a bit more concave or lower offset though but still looks like I could dribble at it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Car looks really good, congrats! I hope the insurance non sense gets worked out soon enough, i know it must not be easy not being able to drive the roadster for such a extended period.
    Yeah...it's killing me everyday!! The fact that I organise some of the events for the club and me not having my own roadster is just ripping my heart for the past year haha. I ended up being a passenger in other roadsters so I could at least enjoy the sensation of being in one. The insurance was submitted yesterday since the inspection, hopefully in a day or two...crossing fingers.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to This is a Lamp For This Useful Post:

91BRG (03-21-2016),Agent☣Orange (03-24-2016),tsingson (03-24-2016)

Drives
    a Miata 2007 NC Mica Blue
    Thanks Given
    Brilliant story not sure how I ended up here but thoroughly enjoyed reading about your journey, we share the same front and rear got to love Autoexe
    Last edited by CONR4D; 03-24-2016 at 07:38 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CONR4D For This Useful Post:

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Very classy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to theothersawyer For This Useful Post:

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '07 NC Miata 6MT swapped from 6AT - Marrakesh Brown
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by CONR4D View Post
    Brilliant story not sure how I ended up here but thoroughly enjoyed reading about your journey, we share the same front and rear got to love Autoexe
    Thanks, that means a lot!
    I do recall your Blue Autoexe NC in Miata.net, with the chromed multispoked wheels and DRL if I am correct? Fell in love with that bumper after you posted it on M.net

Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    Very classy!
    Thank you !

So 26/03/15...

Yesterday was the day! Finally get to pick up this Burnt BBQ'ed Fish!
    While driving, I noticed an oil leak coming from my filter and got worried so I went over to an experienced tuning workshop to diagnose the problem. Spent nearly the whole day (till 7pm) and found out my oil cooler braided hoses were not in good shape with the O-rings hardened; replaced this with new ones. Nearly costed the engine! Oil dipstick was showing just a pinch of oil left in the engine...now trying on Redline Oil 5w40, let's see if it's any better than my previous Motul 5w40.

And with this, I took the NC out to an ongoing event that day, Retro Havoc 2016 (Check out the car scene in Malaysia here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1228826&type=3), which was a huge success...many overseas guests such as Speedhunters and Option Magazine Japan and with much luck, the car runs so great! And I was the only Miata in that whole event so made me feel proud!

So, now, she's finally on my driveway today! Some light waxing...and still more to do in the next couple of days.

Installed the Autoexe shift knob that came by last month

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12