1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    It is hideous! I'll stick with an ND.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    It's still a FIAT.........this is the one I want, less the Rosso!

Holy crap! why can't they release something like this? They always incite with a great prototype and then sell ho-hum. I wish Fiat would have taken some Alpha cues.

No todo que es oro brilla.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (11-18-2015)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch sanravel's Avatar
    Drives
    1997 White and 2008 Black PRHT
    Thanks Given
    Looks great in white.

image.jpg

Thanks Given
    Yeah, black probably isn't the best color for a debut.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    I will like this Fiat if it has it's brother's reliability. Nothing a good stance and aggressive rims and tire combo can fix. The turbocharged engine is one thing I am really interested.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Seriously guys, that little 1.4 turbo is a tiny monster. Direct injection is a wonderful thing. And if it's tuned as rich from the factory as it is in the Abarth when on boost, it's going to make all the right sounds. Yet, it still gets pretty great mileage. Friend of mine has been getting an average of 35mpg from his Abarth.

I can only imagine the 1.4 turbo will fit in the ND chassis far more easily than it does in the Abarth's. Where it looks like it's 10lbs of stuff in a 5lb bag.

EDIT:

Just watched this short Jalopnik video. And oh my, please let that color become a ND color. Plus, dem seats, mmm. Also, you can see how the engine looks/sits in there. Turbo up top on the left side of the engine.

Last edited by JamieH; 11-19-2015 at 12:03 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (11-22-2015),WASABI (11-20-2015)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Abarth renderings...not bad at all (or at least better than the hideous FIAT)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

WASABI (11-19-2015)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone RustRat's Avatar
    Drives
    Red NA8C 1.6L
    Thanks Given
    When the Ferrari 550 and the Dodge Viper had sexy time

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    Seriously guys, that little 1.4 turbo is a tiny monster. Direct injection is a wonderful thing. And if it's tuned as rich from the factory as it is in the Abarth when on boost, it's going to make all the right sounds. Yet, it still gets pretty great mileage. Friend of mine has been getting an average of 35mpg from his Abarth.
    I can't speak for the Abarth but my wife's 2013 Dodge Dart Mopar Edition has the same 1.4 multi air turbocharged engine and the factory tune is atrocious to say the least and every tuner for them has said they run really lean in boost, can't recall comments about off boost, like 14:1 afr in boost! Supposedly they say it can do it and survive due to the direct injection and crazy solenoid valve system aka multiair.

Stock they make like 21psi, iirc, and as shown in the link in the first post can pick up around 50hp just with a retune. My favorite thing is how they sound, reminds me of my 04 SRT-4 i use to have...hubba, hubba what a car...best domestic fwd car ever imo.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

atank (11-19-2015),WASABI (11-20-2015)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Holy crap! why can't they release something like this? They always incite with a great prototype and then sell ho-hum. I wish Fiat would have taken some Alpha cues.
    This car, the unpronouncible 2uettottanta was not a prototype, nor even an Alfa Romeo concept. It was a private project to mark Pininfarina's 80th anniversary, and as a tribute to Alfa Romeo, to mark its 100th birthday. This was Pininfarina's vision of Alfa's future, not Fiats.As it is, the 124 was designed by an ex-Pininfarina Austrian designer, Felix Kilbertus. 20 months ago, the car didn't exist, then Alfa cancelled its part in the project, and the 124 hurriedly designed, to fit around a super structure that had been long signed off for another design. I suspect if Fiat had originally approached Mazda and said "we want to make a Fiat with that will be the same price as your Mazda", Mazda wouldn't have gone any further.

The blue Fiat are using is a Mazda paint.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadsternut For This Useful Post:

Martin (11-21-2015),Vegard (11-24-2015)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Well, saw a video of the car sampling the exhaust on start up and revving. They've had to've added a muffler of some sort. It sounds completely tame, aka lame. Well, here's to waiting and watching what those that buy them do to them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (11-22-2015)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Manufacturers can find the most stupid ways to ruin something. That's one reason i like the Abarth over the Dart 1.4t, the Abarth only has a resonator, iirc, but the Dart has a muffler so doesn't sound as good or aggressive.

The 03-05 srt4 just had a crimped section of pipe, or something like that, to act as a resonator and why it sounded so glorious even from the factory. You might not can tell but i like the 03-05 srt4.
    Last edited by Greasemonkey2000; 11-20-2015 at 09:55 PM.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Abarth renderings...not bad at all (or at least better than the hideous FIAT)
    Me wonders if this Abarth roadster will push Mazda to a Mazdaspeed ND so as not to be left in the dust. I can see a healthy rivalry between the two camps.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by roadsternut View Post
    This car, the unpronouncible 2uettottanta was not a prototype, nor even an Alfa Romeo concept. It was a private project to mark Pininfarina's 80th anniversary, and as a tribute to Alfa Romeo, to mark its 100th birthday. This was Pininfarina's vision of Alfa's future, not Fiats.As it is, the 124 was designed by an ex-Pininfarina Austrian designer, Felix Kilbertus. 20 months ago, the car didn't exist, then Alfa cancelled its part in the project, and the 124 hurriedly designed, to fit around a super structure that had been long signed off for another design. I suspect if Fiat had originally approached Mazda and said "we want to make a Fiat with that will be the same price as your Mazda", Mazda wouldn't have gone any further.

The blue Fiat are using is a Mazda paint.
    Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Me wonders if this Abarth roadster will push Mazda to a Mazdaspeed ND so as not to be left in the dust. I can see a healthy rivalry between the two camps.
    I hope so. So tired of Mazda trying to force us to understand their flaccid philosophy of anemic power in their most reverent roadster rather than respond to two decades of owner feedback for more power. It's rather a slap in the face that their econo-hatch has nearly 300hp on a FWD platform but they ignore their most ardent American roadster customers. Again, I'm not asking for the moon, just 200 NA hp stock.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

vindi49 (09-22-2016),WASABI (11-21-2015)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    '92 black & Tan Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post

EDIT:
    Just watched this short Jalopnik video. And oh my, please let that color become a ND color. Plus, dem seats, mmm. Also, you can see how the engine looks/sits in there. Turbo up top on the left side of the engine.

I used to have an original, red, 124 like they show in that video, and I WAY prefer the styling of it to the newer Fiata (heck, I even prefer the exterior styling of my original 124 to my NA6 Miata). Of course, as most people who have owned an original 124 Spider and a Miata will observe, the latter is far more reliable. I think the ugliest thing about the Fiata is the double grill opening. While it may be functionally practical (I can only assume), it has terrible aesthetics in the front end in my opinion; and I see no point in driving an ugly car simply because it's technologically advanced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast