Thread: DFW photo op areas

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! diabeetus's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red CE (Cowabunga Edition)
    Thanks Given

DFW photo op areas

Hey, I am fairly new to the dallas area and have not been out on the town but maybe once or twice since august 2011. My question is
    does anyone in the DFW area know of any cool spots to take pictures of their cars? maybe with the dallas skyline, graffiti, or just an all area around urban area that would be cool to take pics?

thanks,
    Corey
    Classic RED 90'
    cowabunga dudes!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jux's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White A-pkg, '08.5 CWP MS3
    Thanks Given
    Take a drive to Deep Ellum. You can go from empty spaces, including an abandoned hotel, dating to the early 1900s to clubs and bars that are open ( be that still or again).
    If you're feeling daring, head to far south Dallas. Plenty of graffiti to be found on that area....and take a gun.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

Drives
    Thanks Given
    damn it i dont own a gun!! aha im not scurr'd.
    Classic RED 90'
    cowabunga dudes!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! adamvanxxx's Avatar
    Drives
    Beat NA
    Thanks Given
    A track?

Drives
    Thanks Given
    a track would be cool, but those are easier to find cause i can just google their location. im just wondering if some of the people that have lived in this area longer might know of cool places to take places, specifically urban areas, maybe with grafitti. I'm really interested in doing an HDR photo shoot with the dallas skyline. maybe ill just go early in the am on a sunday morning (possibly less traffic) and take some pics on the highway in front of the skyline.
    Classic RED 90'
    cowabunga dudes!

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    lipstick red 1992
    Thanks Given
    you can try oak cliff haha

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I've been honking about this thread a little recently.
    First, you're in an area that some folks will somewhat-laughingly refer to as the "buckle of the bible belt". Sunday morning might mean less traffic, but don't expect the interstates to be abandoned or anything.
    I will let you know that you should find yourself on highway 175. It runs south of downtown Dallas. There are a couple of access/entrance ramps that I've seriously never seen anyone on. There are also some oooooold bridges near the northern end of 175.
    Head away from Dallas on this highway, and you'll find yourself in some sketchy areas. Might wanna map the area, as there are a couple of great junkyards and lots for shipping container storage. Might make for interesting shots.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by jux View Post
    I've been honking about this thread a little recently.
    First, you're in an area that some folks will somewhat-laughingly refer to as the "buckle of the bible belt". Sunday morning might mean less traffic, but don't expect the interstates to be abandoned or anything.
    I will let you know that you should find yourself on highway 175. It runs south of downtown Dallas. There are a couple of access/entrance ramps that I've seriously never seen anyone on. There are also some oooooold bridges near the northern end of 175.
    Head away from Dallas on this highway, and you'll find yourself in some sketchy areas. Might wanna map the area, as there are a couple of great junkyards and lots for shipping container storage. Might make for interesting shots.
    awesome, thanks for the info! i still havent been out to take any photo's. i need to soon. sounds like a cool area to scope out
    Classic RED 90'
    cowabunga dudes!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Happy to help out!
    Definitely check out Deep Ellum and the surrounding areas, too. Lots of good, old structures that range from modern loft apartments to turn of the century (that's early 1900s, not 10 years ago) warehousing, defunct clubs, an abandoned hotel...
    Downtown is full of good photo spots if you can navigate all of the one way roads and stuff.