Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Noir' comes into the light. Slowly...

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Quit rolling y'all's eyes and mumbling "What did he get now and not installed"!

Yesterday I got a package from Bulgaria. So I fought through the dust and pollen and mowed the yard last night just so on my Saturday off I could go in and tinker on Noir.

Today , even though it was dreary and misting, I got off my lazy arse and gave Noir a nose and lip job. I wanted to add the rear lip, already knowing the the Tougerun flaps might halt that, but will have to rethink that.

Now I'm just hoping that the heavy rain doesn't come till later so I can aim Noir's new eyes.
    Last edited by NCGreasemonkey; 04-30-2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: had to add and ed.....
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-30-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (04-30-2016),HarryB (05-01-2016),Slampen (09-06-2016),tsingson (04-30-2016),Vegard (05-01-2016)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Very nice additions Rick! I had a VERY hard time choosing between the Jass Performance low pros and the Cobalts, in all honesty i like the way the rectangular units look.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (04-30-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Hopefully tomorrow at work the day starts as slow as today. Then I can get the Feals installed, height set and Noir aligned. Cross those fingers for me Folks!

Still say they are to nice looking to be hidden under the car.
    ... Rick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-04-2016)

Drives
    1993-LE Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 523 Posts
    Get that wing installed!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hammerhead For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-02-2016),tsingson (05-04-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Ride before weight and down-force there Hammer. Those Tokico's have all but decimated my spleen.

And I want the T2 back to it's brushed and beautiful JDM goodness by a master at the art of fiber and carbon fiber. With the 70 dura. engine mounts, upcoming IL diff. mounts and (hopefully) soon acquired V-8 control arm package I need the crack to be fixed by a master. I want the T2 to live a long and happy life on Noir's rump!

Thanks still for the patience my Miata-nut friend!
    ... Rick

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Sticking with my some little things are better than nothing game-plan...

I got to sit on the Feals tonight.

Just not the way I wanted. Slammed at work. Come home to storms. Finally a break in the rain so I decide to install the CM belt extenders that Aaron decided to part with. Thanks! I think I'm gonna like these and the fact I don't have to do an almost 120 degree turn to grab the belt.

Also figured I better get these on before the next items I took off Aaron's hands arrive.
    ... Rick

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (05-03-2016),JamieH (05-03-2016),tsingson (05-04-2016)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Don't be in a rush, man. All the fun comes from shopping new parts all night, reading every review and then later installing them. It's after we're done that it gets boring again. Enjoy the journey!

No todo que es oro brilla.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

Dandy (06-08-2016),Hammerhead (05-05-2016),HarryB (05-04-2016),NCGreasemonkey (05-04-2016),oldgrayleather (05-04-2016),tsingson (05-04-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Don't be in a rush, man. All the fun comes from shopping new parts all night, reading every review and then later installing them. It's after we're done that it gets boring again. Enjoy the journey!
    100% true for me. Ordered all my parts from Nakamae back in January with many correspondences in between. The anticipation was palpable. All the manufacturing updates. Confirmation of shipping! Followed the tracking numbers. Saw the arrival in customs. On the truck for delivery! Arrived!! So much excitement. Installed everything in 90 minutes? . LOVE the results.... Totally love it....

Now.. what next? what a terrible, terrible, wonderful addiction.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-04-2016),tsingson (05-04-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Should have checked in and read your reply earlier AO. Had a blood sugar drop-out this evening and I hate those. Type 1 diabetes sucks! But enough moaning about things I cannot change and on to what we can and did...

Well today started out steady at work. Tie up loose ends on one nice job. Waiting for parts on another. My "extra" bay / lift was dormant. Ask the manager if it would be alright to stuff Noir in there and see how far I could get on the Feal install. And if I could use a work truck if we got covered up to get home and back. Answer...

Off with the old! And in with the new.

Still think they are too nice to be hidden under the car.

But parts arrived for the other car. Got them installed and the A/C was working but the compressor was cycling more than it should have. So, did a proper recover / vacuum / recharge and all was well. While the machine was working to do all that I got the fronts installed on Noir. Sorry, no pics.. Was in balls to the wall mode. Noir and customer's car out the door. Customer's for delivery and Noir for bounce down for height check. Tweak left rear to match right. Final first set heights are front ground to arch 24 1/4" rear 23 1/2". Backed all four from 5 click off full hard to 12 clicks. Compression still set at 3 mm as sent.

I like to take lunch late. Like 1:30. It's after 2:00. Lunchtime in work truck!

Clock back in and newest project is waiting. Triton for plugs and boots. But that means it has to cool down to pull plugs. So fans on Ford and me under Noir to set the alignment. We get her to road readiness with the wheel just slightly to the right. No worries. Will be resetting and realigning in a week or less.

Test drive and ride home? Awesome Sauce!!! My spleen and spine are not ruptured!!! Body roll = Not-ta! Brake dive = Not-ta! Bottoming = Not-ta! Tire rub - she sits slightly higher in the rear now and more in the front so, Not-ta!

So I get home. Staring toward the front deck to see if another package from Bulgaria has arrived. Nope, damn. Open mailbox and a gleaming gift from Aaron has shown.

Thanks Aaron. Pleasure doing business with you!

So walk Taz and treat him for being a good-boy all day and taking a poop. Then it's time to lay on the drive and do some tweaking.

I know AO wants twerking but I have no arse!

Slight mods. to the SS 'Noir'ed' grill and what they said was incompatible is now compatible.

Wanted to have the rear on, too. But my rear hitch / frame connector will require me acquiring a new top bolt for the tow-hook install.

So, as she sits now...

Disappointment = only one. My Feals were shipped with a sticker in the normal outside shipping manifest envelope. It got wrinkled and has begun to peal after only two-days of being installed. That is the only thing that brings a tear so far.

Thanks for watching...
    Last edited by NCGreasemonkey; 05-04-2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
    ... Rick

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (05-04-2016),HarryB (05-05-2016),JamieH (05-05-2016),Slampen (09-06-2016),tsingson (05-05-2016)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    I think you will like the Feal coilovers, i know i do. Nice acquisition with the Ryoku Rob tow hooks, the best tow hooks, imo. Wish Rob would do another batch...
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-04-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    I kind of want to take a ride on those. We need a meetup soon.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-05-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    I kind of want to take a ride on those. We need a meetup soon.
    I'll have to remember to stick the passenger seat back in if I head to RDU area anytime soon.
    ... Rick

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Ok. An update but not one. Remember folks the title says slowly!

Slow morning at work and I'm scheduled to work tomorrow. So I can get a 1/2 day off if not busy. Done.

So take Noir back to the house. Clean myself up and

- this section of the build thread has been deemed classified by those that oversee -

So, I'm sitting in the shopping center parking lot eating my Double Whopper w/ cheese sans onion, Lg. onion ring w/dipping sauce and Lg unsweetened tea. Just reprocessing my order for Noir. And thinking to myself my A1C just took a big hit. But you have to live dangerously sometimes, right?

Homeward we go.

Get home and decide to go in on a Marrad Miata Seat after Chad's revue. Not holding you responsible, friend. But with GWRs broomstick and your comments think it will work with

-this section of the build has been deemed for eyes only by those that oversee-

After all this $$$ leakage I need rest and relax time. But have a PM from a person that has me in tears already. But wait. Mixed emotions. A yes but wanted a no for them to continue and not let me acquire some tid-bits from them. Oh, the stresses I put up with!

So now I will not be pestering y'all next Friday night or Saturday due to a road-trip. Wish me well and I'll update when I get something I can post, uncensored.
    ... Rick

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-07-2016),JamieH (05-07-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    The road-trip to the peach state just got more fun. Not only are we visiting with one forum member. On the way back home we get to shake hands with a second.

Pieces and parts, parts and pieces. Some for security and some to go all Randy on the hording.

AO I think I have an answer to the "Don't rush cause when you finish were do you go" problem. You get another Miata and go yang to your yeng.
    Last edited by NCGreasemonkey; 05-07-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: My yen needed a g.
    ... Rick

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Another addition to Noir's slightly more menacing face. Wanted to do the what did you get and what did you install but saw them and they got placed.

Jass Stealth LED TSIs. Thanks to the Swedes!
    ... Rick

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast