Thread: Just a bit of luxury

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power George's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given

Just a bit of luxury

I had a chance to sell my NB last year and well, I had to take it considering the price I got and state of the vehicle.

With the KE70 still as a bare chassis and the AE86 stashed away, I had to get something else to drive around.

Considering the cars available on the market here, I decided to take a chance with a GS300 my friend was selling.

It's a '98 GS300 so 2J-GE, 230xxx kms, tan interior, OEM 16" wheels

It had two bad O2 sensors, shots brakes, bad OCV solenoid, crash damage on the front drivers corner, scratch across the drivers side, some rust spots, but even with all the maintenance I've done so far it's cheaper than the next on the market.

first round of maintenance: brakes, FUCA, timing belt and tensioner, valve cover gasket

water pump, valve covers gaskets, thermostat, o rings, OCV solenoid

by shot brakes, I mean really gone. This is rear rotor

with the basic maintenance done, I got the oem wing and new wheels (18x8 et??). Next step are Tanabe DF210 springs and then replacing and painting the bumper and fender when the weather gets better

Not sure about the ET (it's not stamped anywhere as far as I know), but the fit better than the 16"s, just have to get different tires

2. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

HarryB (03-01-2016)