Thread: MATG XX - July 28-31 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    This may sound like a dumb question, but can we get more info? I'm speaking from New England... I've heard of amazing time everyone has at MATG, and i have always wanted to go, but never really get the details (do people caravan down, stay in hotels/motels together,do dinner or party?). Do folks make the trip from as far away as I am up in these parts (MA/NH).

Thanks,

Jim

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

tsingson (03-31-2016)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    This may sound like a dumb question, but can we get more info? I'm speaking from New England... I've heard of amazing time everyone has at MATG, and i have always wanted to go, but never really get the details (do people caravan down, stay in hotels/motels together,do dinner or party?). Do folks make the trip from as far away as I am up in these parts (MA/NH).

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, this is a site that probably has the best information to your questions:

http://gapmiatas.com/

Josh Hankins is sort of the master of ceremonies, but it's all really loose and casual. It doesn't matter which forum you are partial to, it's a way to sort of explore a beautiful part of the country, on awesome roads, in you car. You can join on drives or organized events, or make your own plans.

To answer your questions specifically, yes, but everyone does it their own way. I used to caravan from Michigan in the early '00s. I have met people who drove in from New England, California, Colorado, even one from Alaska.

I normally go to meet friends I would only see here. Otherwise, I have my own stuff I like to do in that area besides driving (white water rafting, kayaking, hiking, etc.).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Bryan (03-31-2016)