Thread: How my 2016 Mazda Miata MX-5 has ruined cars for me (Read last paragraph first long).

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smyb1953 View Post
    So here I am now with a brand new car where the only modifications done to the car are to protect it. If Mazda treats its customers like this over warranty work where am I going to get the other issues fixed that will and have invariably popped up?! I am still stuck with a car that when it says 0 gallons left there are at least 2. A vehicle that can’t fit more than 11.2 gallons in the tank even though it says it comes with an 11.9 gallon tank. With brakes that pulse randomly like rotors are warped but they aren’t (after getting the club edition because it came with the Brembo brakes). My car already has 22,500 miles on it. It will be out of warranty in 2 or 3 months. What would everyone else recommend I do? I am basically driving a new car that gives me more worries than any used vehicle I have ever owned and this is coming from an owner with tons of experience with European cars (I mean how many o2 sensors can a car really have?).
    Welcome to the site.

What I suggest you do is document your issues with Mazda directly.

As someone who professes their knowledgeable experience buying cars, you fell for a lot of dealership pitfalls right out of the gate.

As for your issues with the car, you also have to put some of that blame on yourself. Every first-year of each generation of the Miata has historically been the most problematic.

If you put 22.5k miles on a new car, new model, in less than a year and complain about a warranty, that is poor planning on your part. Fuel gauges run pessimistic in most cars. Brake rotors warp, we don't know how you drive. The top would concern me, but again, new model, don't know your behaviors. It seems an experienced car buyer and owner would have either considered an extended warranty or waited to see what the bugs were on the new model.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    2016 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I have been documenting everything with Mazda so far. The car buying experience really did throw me for a loop though. There aren't many large dealers that pull things like the issue with the keys or such a large gap in the trade price without justification today. I might have expected it 10 years ago but with so much information online negative feedback can really blow back on them. I am not complaining about the warranty, I am complaining about their lack of progress in honoring it. I know there are going to be pitfalls with any new model year (the 2000 Audi TT comes straight to mind man that thing...) I just think a problem that occurred 4 months ago that they have had three chances to fix shouldn't happen. I feel like at this point they are going to put it off until the car is almost out of warranty fix it one more time and when it appears again not honor it even though it was something documented before the first three months of ownership. Really what I am trying to find out if anyone else has been having the same issues with the top. The gauge thing drives me crazy put is something I can live with and the brake problems are just weird. It feels like the rotors are warped but it doesn't do it 90% of the time. It isn't an ABS issue... It's either hoping it happens when I happen to be by the dealership so they can see or waiting until the problem gets worse.