Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: StopTech Big Brake kit

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power freedomgli's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 433 Posts
    If going for the full monte, what vacuum booster do you recommend users pair with the 1.8 Sport Master Cylinder?

See Some interesting brake information (tech!) for some good technical discussion of the various OEM master cylinder and vacuum booster options.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
    If going for the full monte, what vacuum booster do you recommend users pair with the 1.8 Sport Master Cylinder?

See Some interesting brake information (tech!) for some good technical discussion of the various OEM master cylinder and vacuum booster options.
    Not a hundred sure but from what I have read in another forum the highly sought booster is the one that came from an 01-05 NB sports brake non-ABS.
    Life is short drive a Miata

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mx54life's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10th AE
    Thanks Given
    Ok Gents and Ladies after much research I finally got the balls to take on this brake upgrade as my brakes really needing some attention. I elected to get this set-up simply for 2 reasons.......

1. OEM brake system is basically maintained. Master Cylinder for my 99 NB is kept the same thus no need for proportioning valve tweak. Parking brake is still kept intact. OEM reliability can be expected. All four corners have 11" rotors thus the same concept as the 01-05 NB's.

2. Built quality. I have dual piston calipers and rotors from Wilwood and in my untrained eyes Stoptech is hands down better built.

Oh Ken also offered discounted pricing (that was during initial introduction) so I was really forced to go for it LOL. Thanks Ken!!!

This kit is a complete bolt on kit. Nothing spared. Plus the tech support is awesome. And kudos to Ken and Jon B for the support during the install.

I would rate the difficulty level of this project as "moderate".

I would rate satisfaction level as "moderately insane" LOL

Last edited by mx54life; 11-13-2016 at 09:36 PM.
    Life is short drive a Miata

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mx54life For This Useful Post:

Hammerhead (11-13-2016),oldgrayleather (11-14-2016),RustRat (11-14-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12