Thread: Vintage RatsBack Carbon Front Spoiler - NA6 / NA8 - No Longer Available

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts

Vintage RatsBack Carbon Front Spoiler - NA6 / NA8 - No Longer Available

Vintage RatsBack Carbon Front Spoiler - NA6 / NA8

Vintage RatsBack Carbon Front Spoiler, was damaged, buy repaired, and clear coated, when mounted the repaired section is not visible, looks great, and is about 2 inches lower than factory spoiler. Email me your zip for a shipping quote, I will pack well so it will not be damaged, and will have tracking.

List Date: 6/28/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Vintage RatsBack Carbon Front Spoiler - NA6 / NA8
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by atank; 06-30-2016 at 09:43 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atank For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (06-29-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Price too high..............

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone RustRat's Avatar
    Drives
    Red NA8C 1.6L
    Thanks Given
    Never seen one of these before. It's something between the R-lip and the GV, in size, I guess? Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Price drop $125

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    I drooled over these back on the day.. its a Rats BACK racing lip.
    Just another cracka azz cracka with an Old Beat up '97

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth97 For This Useful Post:

atank (06-30-2016)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power freedomgli's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 433 Posts
    Rare piece these days. Production ended in early 2000s and new stock is no longer available. Some impact damage is typical as they sit very low.

Quote Originally Posted by AU Solar Decathlon
    Rats Back Racing is a small composites company started by three Auburn graduates; Jeff Soileau ('89), Trevor Soileau ('98), and Shane Garner ('01). Specializing in composite parts for street and race cars, they are located in Marietta, Georgia. The materials chosen for the Solar Decathlon battery container included Kevlarฎ, Divinycell PVC foam core, and Epoxy resin. Using epoxy resins, the box panels were constructed by laminating Kevlarฎ to divinycell foam to form a sandwich core technology that maximizes strength of materials without sacrificing weight. Sandwich construction is analogous to an "I" beam, with the outer skins serving at the flanges and the foam core as the web, stabilizing the skins. Epoxy resins are considered to be the best choice for strength and chemical resistance as compared to polyester resins. Kevlarฎ was one of the first high strength synthetic fibers to gain acceptance in the reinforced plastic industry. Unlike the previous synthetic reinforcing fibers, Kevlarฎ has a considerably higher tensile strength and modulus than fiberglass. Kevlarฎ is usually used for structures requiring good stiffness, high abrasion resistance, and light weight.

Current applications include lightweight boat hulls such as kayaks and canoes, aircraft fuselage panels and pressure vessels. It also has a high flame resistance which was a necessity when designing for electrical purposes.

http://www.ratsbackracing.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by RatsBack
    Gang,

I pop over here every now and then to see what's going on.. I posted this info in a thread a few weeks ago, but here it is again:

Yes, I have taken a position with ROOCK North America -- A German Porsche high-performance tuner located in the Atlanta area.

Trevor, my brother and head designer/builder (as well as co-owner) of Rats Back Racing, has recently moved to DC. Last week he made a special trip to Atlanta to pick up most of the Rats Back product molds -- front airdam/spoiler, rear skirt, headlight air intake cover, etc.. It is his plan to offer these products on a very limited special order only basis. [You may contact him at: whitewater109@yahoo.com for more details.] We had a TON of interest in the product line the moment we made the decision to stop producing it back during the spring. I jokingly said (and there is some truth to it) that if we'd had this type of response earlier, we might still be building product! Anyway, consider this a "second chance" for some of you to get your wish and have a genuine Rats Back Racing Carbon Spoiler on your Miata!

To answer another question: Yes, the Rats Back demo Miata has been sold. It is still in the Atlanta area and it still has the Carbon Fiber parts on it.. (But no "Rats Back" logos anymore. I removed those before it was sold). It was replaced with a '72 911 that will undergo numerous upgrades over the winter.

And finally to address a more serious issue: Rats Back designed products are STILL the EXCLUSIVE rights of Rats Back Racing, LLC. Sorry, but copying the product (making molds, etc..) is a legal no-no. I understand the desire to have one of our spoilers, but that should be addressed now that Trevor has taken the initiative to revive the line. If the situation does arise were he is not able to produce needed product we will certainly consider selling the product molds and use of the company name, etc. and let one of you entrepreneurial types take the proverbial "ball" and run with it! In the meantime, Trevor has control of the company, so consider him your "go to" man. Once he gets settled and everything in order I'm sure he will put the website back up. (www.ratsback.com and www.ratsbackracing.com) It is down for the time being.

Hope this answers some questions! I can still be reached via my Rats Back email address if you need to contact me. Stop by ROOCK sometime if you're in the Atlanta area and I'll show you some of the wickedly fast Porsche "goodies" we build there.

cheers, and take care all!

Jeff

9. The Following User Says Thank You to freedomgli For This Useful Post:

atank (07-01-2016)

Drives
    1994 and 1996
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
    Rare piece these days. Production ended in early 2000s and new stock is no longer available. Some impact damage is typical as they sit very low.
    Hmm, I wonder what a new one sitting in storage would go for these days?