Thread: NA hazard switch connector

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! SpeedWorks's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given

NA hazard switch connector

Hey everyone,

I need some help. I'm working on a custom hazard/pop up switch for my build but I want to make it as plug and play as possible. I've been trying to find the connector that would replace the stock hazard switch and plug right into the stock harness. I know these are available as RevLimiter uses these on his products and so does Jass Performance. I've looked all around on the internet with no luck. I know its a 7 pin connector. I am looking for a pigtail setup if possible.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I can source just 1 pigtail, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Just a quick look thru the links had nothing. But take a pic of your VIN on the windshield plate and call up you local Mazda dealer and you will be surprised, most of the time. They take care of us ole' school for the most part.

If that doesn't work. Hit up Scratch n Sniff on here. It might be slow responce but he has broken many a MX-5!

... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Just a quick look thru the links had nothing. But take a pic of your VIN on the windshield plate and call up you local Mazda dealer and you will be surprised, most of the time. They take care of us ole' school for the most part.

If that doesn't work. Hit up Scratch n Sniff on here. It might be slow responce but he has broken many a MX-5!

This wouldn't be a part a Mazda dealer or a scrap yard would have. I need the connector that would plug into the factory harness on the car. The oem hazard switch has the connector "built into" the switch assembly and it isn't a regular pigtail. If it was that easy, I would have found one of them by now.

Thanks for trying though.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Sorry. After reread you want a connector like one for an after-market radio install. So you don't mess with the OE harness.

Give RevLimiter (Adam) PhatMiata (Randy) or JFK a PM. I doubt there is a P-n-P adapter for that. But they would know for sure!

Peace,
    Rick
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    The problem is buying 1. My minimum PO for these connectors is 250 units at a time. And each plug needs 5 of the pins populated for my purposes. Minimum purchase on those is 1000. I buy 1300 at a time so that I have a few extras to pop in my 250 plugs.

They're discreet connectors with non-insulated pins. You need a special crimper for those. The tool runs about $80. I use a Hozan one with multiple jaws. So much nicer than the cheap universal crimpers ($40ish).

I'd be happy to sell you a single pigtail with some quick disconnect terminals on the other end so you could easily plug into switches. Email me if you'd like to do this. adam@revlimiter.net

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    The problem is buying 1. My minimum PO for these connectors is 250 units at a time. And each plug needs 5 of the pins populated for my purposes. Minimum purchase on those is 1000. I buy 1300 at a time so that I have a few extras to pop in my 250 plugs.

They're discreet connectors with non-insulated pins. You need a special crimper for those. The tool runs about $80. I use a Hozan one with multiple jaws. So much nicer than the cheap universal crimpers ($40ish).

I'd be happy to sell you a single pigtail with some quick disconnect terminals on the other end so you could easily plug into switches. Email me if you'd like to do this. adam@revlimiter.net
    Thank you so much Adam. I just emailed you in regards to this. You are a life saver. I was going crazy trying to find these connectors.