Quote Originally Posted by mx54life View Post
Miata ownership is dictated most commonly by desire IMHO not much by common sense lol. If a similar 1993 Miata LE will be up for sale? I probably borrow a chunk from my retirement since I still have ways to go and buy it for 24k.
Some people who wanted a 97 Miata so bad back then that did not have the finances and do now are likelihood your so called no common sense buyers lol. But then again I can sometimes be stupid that way like my hunt and acquisition of hard to find Miata parts
Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
^^^ THIS

In 1993 I was drooling over the 93LE but they all sold out fast and me being so young back then fresh outta the military and no credit record I could only afford a used 92SE in 1994 with 16K miles. I think it was like $15,000 back then and I paid half down and financed the rest.
You could really say the same thing for any number of cars. I lost out on a minty white 1991 E30 M3 with 35K miles, in 1994 (when I bought my first Porsche, the 944S) because I was down $1K, and before I left to the CU, no one told me to leave a deposit... I come back from the CU, and the car was SOLD.

Check the price of an E30 M3 lately?

The fact is, that the car sold to a dealer for $24K, how much is someone willing to pay, is simply up to speculation.