Thread: Pyro's Daily - La'shonda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Pyr0monk3y's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Update time for this masterpiece. I love this car, I can't wait to drive out to Iowa this summer, it eats up the miles. After daily driving that Miata for so long, a long road trip in this is no big deal.

I never could get the old calipers to stop leaking, even after a rebuild, so I replaced them. I also ran through the rest of the brakes. New lines, rotors, and pads for the front, soon I will do the same to the rears.

I checked the valve clearance as KFJ suggested, no issues there. What was a problem was the timing! It was so far out I took it apart to make sure the belt was not a tooth off. It turns out that whoever replaced the oil seal where the distributor goes into the head had no idea they needed to mark it before removal. It was at around 22 degrees before TDC, the spec is 16. I thought I was hearing valve lash, but it was actually ping Oh well, I guess it's OK now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    What the hell are you thinking Andy?
    1991 Track Rat
    Build Thread:
    Function>Everything

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pyr0monk3y For This Useful Post:

Jarrett (03-14-2017),kung fu jesus (03-14-2017),MiataQuest (03-14-2017),NCGreasemonkey (03-13-2017),tsingson (03-14-2017)