Just getting some idea,s , RHD but shouldn't make any difference , NA6CE ,1991 Eunos Roadster
Hopped in my car yesterday to go for a drive , check the oil levels , all good , clean perfect , Called in the servo to fuel up , ready for a decent drive and then noticed that the oil gauge was zero , no movement , (There's a sick feeling , been driving around for the last 20 minutes and not noticed it ) , Pulled over ,give it a rev , everything sounds OK ,oil on dipstick , pulled the wire off the sender unit a couple of times in case of dirty earth , Nothing , Drove it home , in the garage and carried on my day with the work truck.
Today , had a think about it , Check the forums , Tried the earth out thing , Dead still , no movement , Started the car , sounds good as always , Give the Cluster a few taps while the car was idling and the needle slowly move to half , turned the car off and stayed still put , maybe moved a fraction down
Which finally brings me to my question , Has anyone experienced sticky cluster gauges ? ,
I,ve owned the car for 8 years, 177000km on the clock and never seen this before , Just trying to see if it,s common or not , i,ve seen the fuel one crap out and temp ones crap out but not oil , Usually the sender unit .
Really does make you think twice about driving anywhere with a dicky pressure gauge , is it telling lies or do i really have issues , I do drive it hard , Rev limiter has been lifted due to Toda flywheel being so light and sick of hitting limiter in First and second .
I may pull the sender off and get it checked , just trying to avoid pulling the cluster ( don,t want to break the cluster cover , $200.00 for another new one) .
Any thoughts /Advise ?