Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts

More Artisan Shift Knobs at revlimiter

Artisan Shift Knobs at revlimiter.net!

• Artisan-made in VERY small batches. Want a unique shift knob? Look no further.
    • M10x1.25 threaded. Fits all Miatas ever made - NA, NB, NC, and ND. 1989-2017.
    • Wood shift knobs are produced by Rich of Long Dog Wood Studio.
    • Inserts produced by me, Adam at revlimiter.
    • Insert is the same as on the badges - composed of vinyl and solar-cell quality polyurethane epoxy.

Shift knobs start at $75 and may be more due to cost of the wood used. Brake grips start at $49. I've got a decent amount in stock at the revlimiter Store.

Shift knobs are available in two shapes - Teardrop and 911. The Teardrop is inspired by a Japanese shift knob shape (it shifts fast and brings joy). The 911 shape is inspired by the knobs used in the cars of a Porsche builder who sings. Car enthusiasts will likely understand.

All knobs feature an M10x1.25 threading. That means they fit on more than just Miatas. I've got one on my Mazda3 family car as well. It's fantastic.

The March 2017 batch includes these four types of wood - Argentine Lignum Vitae, Purple Heart, Osage Orange, and genuine Lignum Vitae aka Guayacan. The Guayacan knobs can only be shipped and sold in the US due to CITES Appendix II regulations.

Both the Teardrop and 911 are three inches tall (76mm). They're designed to allow all four fingers to hold the shifter if you so desire.

Each knob ships with the domed vinyl insert of your choice. For a few bucks more, I can make a custom one to your specs. The ones pictured are the standard models that are always in stock.

Sharka's Argentine Lignum Vitae shift and brake grip. This is something I've wanted for a long time. It's extremely satisfying to shift with.

Stormy's Guayacan (genuine LV) shift and brake grip. I've never had anything made from the genuine stuff. It's pretty stunning and matches the basketball interior nicely.

All orders for these are done via an email form. Every shift knob I've got has some slight differences. Because of this, it seemed like email and some forwarded photos were the way to go. Better than trying to keep an impersonal store order form updated.

If you want some exotic wood in your Miata, get your order in soon!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to revlimiter For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-15-2017),DarylSibcy (03-17-2017),debbid (03-15-2017),HarryB (03-16-2017),Ihatecars (03-15-2017),JamieH (03-15-2017),Martin (03-15-2017),NCGreasemonkey (03-15-2017),Paul B (03-15-2017),Pfunk (03-17-2017),Phatmiata (03-15-2017),RotorNutFD3S (03-16-2017),TNRooster3 (03-15-2017),tsingson (03-15-2017)