Thread: New Guy Here - In Nebraska

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    2010 Stormy Blue Mica PRHT
    Thanks Given

New Guy Here - In Nebraska

Hi all, I have had my Miata for exactly six years now. It is a 2010, but bought it in 2011. The year after I bought her I took it on a shakedown cruise to make sure it would suffice as a touring machine equal to the Wing. Up until now, the Goldwing was my "go-to" touring machine. From here in Nebraska I headed west through the Rocky Mountains. As a motorcyclist, I have been from coast to coast on two wheels and now that I have this cool little car, I'd like to retrace some of the fun roads I have discovered over the years. I think this one was taken in or around Rocky Mountain National Park...

Next stop, the Utah boarder...

From there I worked my way down to Phoenix where my sister lives. She has always wanted me to come visit her, but it is soooo hot there, making the trip in the summer on two wheels wasn't something I had at the top of my list. So after buying the Miata I thought I could chance the heat of summer and go see her.

Yeah, the Miata is much more comfortable than the Wing. And when it gets too hot or too wet or too anything, up comes the top!

From there I kept heading west until I found the coast. A friend of mine has a pair of photos of his Wing in his living room. One is taken with the Golden Gate bridge in the background and the other with the Statue of Liberty in the background. I thought that was so cool. Eventually I'll have the same set of photos. So here is the first one...

From there I kept heading north on the PCH. I have another sister and brother in Portland and a sister in Seattle, so the plan was to go visit my remaining siblings after the death of my brother the year before.

Here is a shot of her taken on the Pacific Coast Highway.

The Oregon coast is stunning! (If you can see through the mist!) ;)

Eventually I found my way to Portland where I spent a day or two with my sister and brother, then a few more days in Seattle. From there I started heading east. (Somehow the "date stamp" got turned on so from here on all my photos got that stupid date on them... stupid camera)

There used to be a big sign proclaiming "sharp curves - 77 miles". I got a few photos of many of my motorcycles in front of that sign, but it was gone the last time I was through there. It looked like new construction happened recently right there, so I am hoping they put that sign back up eventually. I spent a night at the Sportsman's Lodge in Ennis, MT.

From there I worked my way down to Beartooth Pass at the north end of Yellowstone Park. I just went over and back. The park itself was crazy busy and I was running out of time. I was still employed at the time and vacation time was limited. I had already been on the road for two weeks. Here is the Beartooth summit...

From there I kept heading east and north towards the Black Hills. But first I stopped for a shot of Devils Tower...

Then on to Needles Highway in the Black Hills...

... and the Badlands on the way out of there, with only a days drive away from home.

At the end of the trip I had to reflect on where I'd been, how far I'd gone, how good I still felt. As I looked at the Wing still sitting in the garage next to the Miata I made the decision to sell the bike. Two years later it was gone. And you know what? I don't miss it at all! Not even a little bit.

So that's my intro story. Enjoy! Guess I'll go try to figure out how to add a sig in my profile now.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jerry L For This Useful Post:

Dandy (03-18-2017),Martin (03-17-2017),MiataQuest (03-17-2017),NCGreasemonkey (03-17-2017),Paul B (03-17-2017),Phatmiata (03-18-2017),tsingson (03-18-2017)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Love the intro! Welcome aboard fellow nut!
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    to MR, nice intro write-up, always good to have pix.

Drives
    1990 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Welcome aboard the MR forum and thanks for the photos great shots.

My 90 blue with 179k

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    welcome!! we have quite a few bike owners that have a Miata as well, you'll fit right in. Love the stripes too!

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Nice intro . . .Awesome trip! You found MazdaRoadster.Net; you are:

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    2010 Stormy Blue Mica PRHT
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's good to be here among fellow Miata enthusiasts!