Thread: Greetings from germany

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given

Post Greetings from germany

Hello everyone and thank you for adding me to this forum!

My name is Frank and I'm from germany. Last year I bought myself a '91 BRG which was an import from canada.
    The car has had 3 pre-owners and currently has around 225k km. The last owner got the car repainted in the
    original color, since the original paint was in a real bad condition (so still is the hardtop I got from him). The
    paintjob was done by a professional and looks pretty good at first glance - but it was done really cheap and
    so the whole lights, trim and everything else was not removed but just taped. On the second look you can
    spot a lot of imperfections on the paint.

But after all I bought the car to have something to work on and to restore it to its old beauty.
    My first intention was to buy a Nissan 200SX (240SX in the US) RPS13, since this was my "real first car"
    after I got my license (before I had a Nissan Sunny/Pulsar GTI for about 1 year) and I learned a lot about
    working on cars on this one. Sadly most of the 200SX you can buy here in germany are in pretty bad shape
    and most time have a lot of rust, are poorly modded or have some pretty heave mechanical issues. If you
    are lucky enough to find one in good condition it's most times pretty expensive...
    So I changed my search for a MX5/Miata and after looking at a NB with lot's of rust I found my NA in used,
    but acceptable, condition. I did drive the car a couple of times last summer and put it in the garage over
    the autumn/winter. Last year I changed all oils, fuel- and air-filter and spark-plugs. Through the winter
    the car rested in my garage and I was too lazy to do anything on it, because my job was pretty exhausting
    and I couldn't find any motivation to work on the car in the cold garage.
    This spring I changed the timing belt and also several gaskets which where leaking oil. I also started to clean
    up some rust in the trunk under the battery - one of the pre-owners got the battery changed to a "normal"
    one, which was not connected to the hose for battery-ventilation.

At the moment I'm on hollidays till july, because I quit my old job and still got a whole lot of free time to take.
    I started to finish the trunk this weekend and also removed the master brake cylinder and brake booster, since
    it was leaking brakefluid and the whole paint underneath is flaking of. The panel itself luckily only has surfacerust
    which I'm going to remove with a sandblastinggun and then repaint it.
    I also changed the two gaskets for the shifter, since both where broken and leaking. Car will get new brakepads
    and discs and I have to fix the electric windows - both are just moving slowly and passenger side doesn't even
    open completly.
    After that I'll drive the car throughout the summer (license plate is only april - october) and hopefully get more
    work done on it next winter.

Plans are to get the interior fresh made new from an upholstery, change all the bushings and eventually get all
    rust removed and the car painted once more.

So this was my introduction, which was almost the start of a build-thread. I hope my english is ok, since I don't
    get to speak or write that often.

The car last year, after I got it:

And this morning with lot's of work going on:

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gigges For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-06-2017),Martin (06-06-2017),MiataQuest (06-06-2017),NCGreasemonkey (06-06-2017)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Willkommen! Car looks like a decent base, and I really like your plans for it! How is it in terms of rust?

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Nice intro my friend!

You speak better English than me!

And a BRG with a BRG soft-top! That, Yeah!

Start you a build thread. You have me watching!

Peace!
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

Drives
    1990 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Welcome aboard the MR forum

My 90 blue with 179k

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar