View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Miatas-only HPDE before Deal's Gap weekend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Sounds great!

6 100.00%
  • No, thanks for asking!

0 0%

Thread: M@TG HPDE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts

Question M@TG HPDE

***Venue change! ROAD ATLANTA!!!***

I was proposed an idea that I wanted to relay because I thought it was pretty interesting. An Atlanta HPDE organization was looking for a way to create a Miata-only track event. It was suggested that perhaps one way to garner enough interest was to do one a day or two prior to M@TG weekend.

Plans are fluid and the organizer is extremely reputable, safety-first with an emphasis on fun and friendly atmosphere. It would be held at world-famous and prestigious ROAD ATLANTA in Braselton, GA.

Now, it is about a 3 hour trip from the Fontana to Road Atlanta. That is actually part of the fun! That would be an excellent primer for a Miata-only track day.

The impetus for this event comes from the adventure I had when I did Miatas at Laguna Seca by caravanning up the Pacific Coast Highway with other Miatas from LA to Monterrey. Part of the fun to that event was the drive up. The drive from Fontana to Road Atlanta is far shorter, but no less fun.

The event will have instructors on site, and the intention is to limit the field to four groups; novice, intermediate, intermediate 2, and advanced. Essentially, all you need to bring is your car, yourself, and your excitement.

Cars would be limited to those able to run safely on a track (rollbar) that don't leak, and are in good running condition.

I think if any vendors wanted to come out and demonstrate what their products can do on the track, they would be welcome.

Feedback and interest would be welcome so plans can be made to get it rolling. Thanks for reading!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...Nd0-Q/viewform
    Last edited by kung fu jesus; 04-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (04-20-2017),Phatmiata (04-20-2017),Rogue (04-21-2017),RotorNutFD3S (04-21-2017),TNRooster3 (04-21-2017),tsingson (04-20-2017)