Thread: My first trip to Japan, need some advice and recommendations.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '05 Sunlight Silver LS
    Thanks Given

My first trip to Japan, need some advice and recommendations.

So this is going to be a bit long winded but I think it's important to convey the point of this trip. I'm approaching 30 years old now, I'm months away from finishing my contract with the Army and I've always wanted to travel to Japan (I never had the opportunity to be stationed at Camp Zama -_-) and I will now have the funds and time to do so when I take my last month of leave, this is sort of a loading screen point in my life so I really intend to make memories of this trip. I have people I follow on Instagram that live in japan, and as odd as it seems, I may see if any of them would want to meet up when I arrive to the country but otherwise I will be going solo which is less than ideal but it is what it is, however, I really do want to somehow make friends while I'm there, I'm not terribly introverted so I have no qualms with talking to random people but that's just me lol

I am not sure what prefecture I will be staying at yet but Hiroshima is on my list due in part to the Mazda plant being there. I will be going in December and plan to stay between 5-7 nights. I want to enjoy the night life/clubs, hike trails, visit shrines and castle, all that jazz. I know a lot of you have been to Japan and any recommendations or tips would be appreciated.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Very cool! Look up some posts by member "pfunk", he's an ex-pat living there, has written some advice and suggestions for others who have asked the same as you. Good luck, have a great trip!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Duncan (09-18-2017)

Drives
    '05 Sunlight Silver LS
    Thanks Given
    Thanks man! will do.

Drives
    '05 Sunlight Silver LS
    Thanks Given
    I just thought of something, I could stay in a Hostel, that would be a good way to potentially meet people.