Thread: NB 2000 SE biege interior and top

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    2000 Special Edition
    Thanks Given

NB 2000 SE biege interior and top

Hey guys,

I have just now taken possession of my 2000 NB SE. And it is sweet!

The roof is beige, as is the interior. Were any other Miatas fitted with that color of top and interior?

The top is just now coming apart at the seams, I expect to delay needing to replace it for years by saddle stitching new threads in as they come apart. I live to do it on the cheap side.

The driver's seat has a hole in it, wadda surprise!

Is anyone offeiring suitible seat coverings in Beige?

I'm really stoked about this car.

K

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Not sure if the SE tan is different than the other models. The hole in the seat, not sure where you're located, but sometimes it's easier to let an upholstery shop replace a panel. Where is the hole?

If you want to do it cheap, you can talk to a shop to replace the panel, but you can remove the covering yourself, then reinstall it after it is repaired. Just basic hand tools, maybe a pair of hogring pliers and new hog rings.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts
    Interior/top color for your car is actually called Parchment. It is much lighter than the NB beige. NB2 cars did come with a lighter beige which is basically the same as parchment. Tops are hard to find in our color, I managed to land a fabric one a few years back that I love. If you are interested you can get a set of NB2 seats in the correct color, they are generally considered more comfortable than NB1 seats. I just got a pair installed in mine, I still have my Recaros to swap back in for when I want to drive at a more spirited pace. As for replacement covers, Google search and you should find several choices (Katzskins [sp?] being one).
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

HarryB (10-13-2017),kevinharrop (10-16-2017),tsingson (10-16-2017)

Drives
    2000 Special Edition
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    you can get a set of NB2 seats in the correct color, they are generally considered more comfortable than NB1 seats.
    My car IS an NB2, just not a facelift car. I know the facelift cars had different seats, did you mean to switch in later NB2 seats into my earlier NB2?

Drives
    2000 Special Edition
    Thanks Given
    [QUOTE=kung fu jesus;212815] but sometimes it's easier to let an upholstery shop replace a panel. Where is the hole?[QUOTE]

The hole is in the side bolster, and the scuffing is also around the side of the side bolster, so it would be two panels to replace, if he could find leather in nearly the same color.

The damage seems to be typical, and seems to come from sticking your right leg in and then sliding your butt down the seat back until settled. I have worked out a clean way to enter with the top up. Sit down perpendicular to how you sit to drive, lean your head back into the car, then pivot on the seat. That will probably wear a hole in the seat....but it won't exacerbate the damage to the bolster.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinharrop View Post
    My car IS an NB2, just not a facelift car. I know the facelift cars had different seats, did you mean to switch in later NB2 seats into my earlier NB2?
    Nope. '99-00 cars are NB1, '01-05 are NB2.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

HarryB (10-16-2017),kung fu jesus (10-16-2017),RustRat (10-16-2017)

Drives
    2000 Special Edition
    Thanks Given
    Ah, gotcha.