Thread: JJ's Build thread

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1991 Manual, Classic Red
    Thanks Given

JJ's Build thread

Hey guys, new here. Been meaning to get this started for a while now. I get pretty busy and have a hard time getting around to doing this kind if stuff. I have some time now though so let's get started

My Miata is 1991 Classic red with AC and Manual steering.

Full disclosure, I've really been considering abandoning this shell and swapping the subframes and components into a cleaner slate to start with. I'll explain in a bit.

Since I have had this roadster for a while now before making the thread, I'll provide a summary of what has been done to it:

-Blackbird Fabworx GT3 gen2 rollbar
    -New rotors and pads
    -All new 22 OEM suspension bushings
    -New OEM motor mounts
    -new DRLs
    -got rid of terrible floodlight sleepy eyes from PO and stock headlights restored
    -Torsen 4.10 swap
    -New clutch
    -new clutch master and slave with a (coated) stainless steel full length clutch line.
    -V8R Forged rear hubs w/ARP studs and SKF bearings and seals
    -new Camshaft seals and CAS O-RING
    -new valve cover gasket
    -new spark plug wires and spark plugs gapped properly

Lots other DIY stuff, from general cleanup to (attempts at) bodywork to fun stuff.

Here she is in the state I found her. No rust on subframes, rocker panels, or rear quarter panels. If I knew what I know now about cars and miatas, I would either have talked down the price, or walked away though. I DID end up finding some rust at the battery tray after making the drive home. It had started to eat through the floor in a couple spots, but surprisingly it was very limited and not sever enough to question whether it was dangerous.

Anyway, lets start with pics

Attachment 23199
    Resized_Resized_20200724_121227.jpg
    received_1823194291151937.jpg
    Resized_Resized_20200724_121315(1).jpg
    Resized_Resized_20200724_121407.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IlyiaZakira For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-16-2021),dnaha (01-07-2022),MiataQuest (06-16-2021),Slampen (06-16-2021)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1991 Manual, Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Going to sleep now - its late. Just wanted to get this started. I'll be back at it in a bit