Seller’s Description:
    1992 Mazda Miata

VIN #: JM1NA351XN1317386

Sunburst Yellow

ONE OWNER

78,887 Miles

Cloth Interior / Manual Transmission

VIN: JM1NA351XN1317386

Evolve Motors and Chicago Car Club are pleased to present this 1992 Sunburst Miata!

This car was sold new at Joe Myers Mazda in Houston, TX to a woman from Missouri City, TX and remained there until we shipped the car to Chicago last month. As it sits, this is a well taken care of, fun-to-drive summer cruiser that is ready to be enjoyed by its next owner.

Exterior:

We love Sunburst Yellow on these cars. Original paint (confirmed with elcometer) presents very nicely, an “A-”. The finish and preservation of it is worthy of an A+, but there are a couple tiny chips and one touch-up spot (below passenger side mirror) that hold it back. Paint shines extremely bright, and clear coat isn't peeling or fading anywhere. Body is in excellent shape, with no dents or damage. Black convertible top is mint, and the black leather boot cover is in nice shape. All four alloy wheels are in good shape, with just a little bit of fade on the centers. We like these alloy wheels on the car, as opposed to the steel wheels more commonly seen on these bare-bones-spec Sunbursts. Tires are close to new all around, with 10/32”s of tread remaining. Glass is all clear and crack free, as are all lights and indicators. Doors and body panels open and close without any fuss.

Interior:

Interior is in very nice condition. Seats show minimal signs of age, with no tears, scuffs, stains, or damage. Air conditioning was just serviced (R12) and blows cold. Dash shows as-new, with no scratches, warping, or damage. Black carpeting is in nice shape, with no stains or frayed spots. Black Miata floor mats will come with the car as well. Odometer reads 78,887 and is functional and accurate. All lights, signals, and gauges are functional, as is the radio. Roll-up windows track nicely. Really the only thing I can knock in the interior is that the clear plastic piece over the gauge cluster isn't perfectly clear, it's slightly foggy.

Mechanical:

These cars are a real pleasure to drive, and this particular Miata feels excellent on the road. There are absolutely no tendencies or noises of any concern. Suspension is smooth and supple, with no clanking or creaking over bumps. Shifts are quick and easy. Clutch grabs just as it should, brakes do a great job of reeling the car in from speed. The car tracks straight under both acceleration and braking. Buy with confidence, we wouldn't think twice about driving the car anywhere in the country. Underneath the car looks very good, as you'd expect from a garage-kept car that has been in Texas since new. There is absolutely no rust of any sort, no surface or through. Please take a good look through the photos, as the car is documented in detail.

Car will be sold with original manual and accompanying booklets. Please feel free to reach out to Jake at 773-267-2684 with any further questions, requests, or to discuss purchasing.

Price: $8,800 negotiable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (11-16-2017)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Beautiful but he’s committed the cardinal sin of assuming his Miata is a Da Vinci. I wouldn’t pay more than $2K and that’s assuming everything works and only for the original paint. Otherwise...

No todo que es oro brilla.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

JamieH (11-18-2017)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MiataQuest's Avatar
    Drives
    faster now with the Ecotec 2.4 (1992 white NA)
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 443 Posts
    Is that the infamous Miata lifter tick? I never heard one before. Sounds like a junker! It would drive me crazy!

But it is a nice car as a base. I would pay $5000 and invest some time & money.
    It will probably sell for $6800.

Did you see all the other cars in the video? I spy...
    * 1990 Mercury Marquis
    * Porsche Boxster
    * 1954 Mercury
    * 1970 Volvo 1800
    * 1963 Lincoln Continental
    * Two Deloreans
    * 1970 Torino fastback
    * 1973 Opel GT

BTW, that V8 Roadster's LFX Miata for sale is just killing me.
    I am trying so hard not to buy it. It is so perfect for the power and driving dynamics I want to experience.

How do I float two modified Miata's past the wife?
    Ohh and BTW honey, your Mustang II will need to be parked outside..
    Or maybe... Honey you will like the Ecotec Miata so much more than your Mustang II. It will have air conditioning. We could sell your car...
    Last edited by MiataQuest; 11-18-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Mustang II? Please say it isn’t so.

No todo que es oro brilla.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

JamieH (11-18-2017)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MiataQuest's Avatar
    Drives
    faster now with the Ecotec 2.4 (1992 white NA)
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Mustang II? Please say it isn’t so.
    Yep!
    The first car my wife ever had was a brand new 1977 plain Jane Mustang II. (with a 3rd pedal!)
    A few years ago I found the exact copy of that car in Texas. (Although a 1976)
    I bought it for her and have been getting it in shape for her to drive in the summer.
    I just finished the front suspension rebuild and brakes last month. (Snuck in some tubular A-arms and front/rear sway bars!) With some rim and tire changes it may surprise some people in the twisties when we go on a future fall tour!

During the 50th anniversary of the Mustang, Ford needed a stock 1976 Mustang II for a 50 car "Horse Shoe display" at the Ford Development center and later at the Ford World Headquarters. They had trouble finding a hatchback model in stock condition so they settled on my wife's car.

So the car spent over a month being shown here:

Front view in the lobby:

Interior:

Rear view:

My wife was so mad because they put my name on the sign in the lobby. (right above Bill Ford!)
    Last edited by MiataQuest; 11-18-2017 at 11:06 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MiataQuest For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (11-19-2017)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiataQuest View Post

BTW, that V8 Roadster's LFX Miata for sale is just killing me.
    I am trying so hard not to buy it. It is so perfect for the power and driving dynamics I want to experience.

How do I float two modified Miata's past the wife?
    Ohh and BTW honey, your Mustang II will need to be parked outside..
    Or maybe... Honey you will like the Ecotec Miata so much more than your Mustang II. It will have air conditioning. We could sell your car...
    Just buy the V8Roadsters miata. It's already got everything you'll ever need and more.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (11-19-2017)