Thread: The wife's new ride

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts

The wife's new ride

The wife and I spent the holidays in Savannah. We rented a car for a couple of days, when I asked her what she wanted she said a Camaro. We ended up with an RS trim V6. All the stories you have read about outward visibility are true. Still it was a nice car and that V6 is very capable.

When we got home I asked her if she could have one, what she would want. As it was pie-in-the-sky at that point in time, she said a white SS convertible. New would have been out of the question (I have a hard time spending that kind of money for any vehicle), so I started searching on Chevy's site for used. Lo and behold, there was a dealer local to us that had the very car, 2016 MY. I asked her if she could live with the Adrenaline Red interior and she said yes. Went and took a test drive on a very cold day which wasn't optimal with the high performance summer tires, but it drove well. Then followed several weeks of looking into financing, being too sick to do anything and further looking at the car. The dealer put it on a lift so I could look at the underneath, it was very clean (even only having 6684 miles on it). After a little more back and forth, the heavens aligned and last Saturday we brought her home.

It was rainy the next day so only shot a couple of pictures. Here you go:

Summit White with Adrenaline Red interior. Basically all the bells and whistles except for navi. Has the magnetic ride dampers and dual mode exhaust. Sounds great, ride is fantastic. For some reason I don't feel as clastrophobic in this one as I did in the rental. Might have something to do with the rear windows being larger in the 'vert.

I have said I won't be modifying this, but I am already looking at some stuff. I have a set of floor mats on order, the dealer put in some of their badged generic ones that fit very badly (I am somewhat surprised given the issues with Prius mats a few years back). She wants black wheels, going to get some Z28 replicas for that (will probably Plastidip the stockers for now). I am getting a front splitter and now looking at a CAI. Of course a supercharger would be a nice addition...
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (01-31-2018),Grumpy (02-01-2018),Phatmiata (02-01-2018),RustRat (01-31-2018),tsingson (01-31-2018)