Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The wife's new ride

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    That magnetic suspension system is the business. I wouldn’t touch the height. Tinted windows are a hassle unless you need ‘em. It makes the police nervous during traffic stops, too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (02-01-2018)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Window tint has come a long way since the 80s. Nowadays, you can get a tint that is barely discernible from clear windows yet blocks most UV and infrared wavelengths. In Florida, it’s almost necessary to block infrared heat and interior degradation from ultra violet.

That magnetic suspension is still pretty amazing; electrically manipulating particles to change damping on the fly.

No todo que es oro brilla.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (02-01-2018)

Thanks Given
    Just noticed the factory D-cut steering wheel. Good job Chevy! I refuse to pay $700 for an aftermarket one.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    That magnetic suspension system is the business. I wouldn’t touch the height. Tinted windows are a hassle unless you need ‘em. It makes the police nervous during traffic stops, too.
    I haven't had the chance to really put it through its paces yet due to weather, but the ride is nice and supple in a straight line but tightens right up when you take a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Window tint has come a long way since the 80s. Nowadays, you can get a tint that is barely discernible from clear windows yet blocks most UV and infrared wavelengths. In Florida, it’s almost necessary to block infrared heat and interior degradation from ultra violet.

That magnetic suspension is still pretty amazing; electrically manipulating particles to change damping on the fly.
    I know about the clear stuff, if there is an issue with interior heat in the summer then I might get that. It has cooled seats, she uses the A/C in the Miata if it's hot in the summer while she has the top down so I'm curious to see how well the seats do.

Just noticed the factory D-cut steering wheel. Good job Chevy! I refuse to pay $700 for an aftermarket one.
    The extra legroom is nice, but it's a little weird turning the wheel shuffling it through your hands when you hit the flat spot.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Hmm. Will you please compare to your ship’s wheel?

Thanks Given
    I don't work in that world. Modern ship's wheels are small, with less diameter than a normal car steering wheel.

Correct GM floor mats showed up today. It's nice not having to worry about them sliding around and getting caught under the pedals. Driver's side is a little shorter than what you normally see, I guess they figure people won't be putting their feet close to the seat if it's pushed back.

Thanks Given
    Got her registered/licensed today. Bought a slim black frame for it and then had to go to three different places looking for some nylon screws. Some time since my last purchase of these, they stopped making the nuts with flanges. This means they don't cover the holes on either the plate of the frame. Finally found some that will work at O'Reilly's. What I do is install them at the bottom of the frame in reverse so the head is next to the body. I put some silicone on the heads so the body is protected, this also keeps it from rattling. I'll have to see what GM used for inserts for the attachment screws, I may have to cut a piece of rubber I have to put at the top of the plate so it doesn't abrade the paint.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! riefdaddy's Avatar
    Drives
    94 Red NA
    Thanks Given
    My wife's car has ventilated seats. She hates them. Says they make her think she peed her pants. Now we ask others who have them and the consensus is easily 95+% of the women who have the seats hate them for the same reason. They love heated seats, but not ventilated. It will be interesting to find out how your wife feels about them. BTW, I will occasionally hit the switch to see how long it takes for her to notice. It is around 1 minute before she retaliates.

Thanks Given
    I'll definitely post her thoughts once we reach the point of the year where we can actually use the cooling instead of the heat. Because you know, science and all that.

When I got the Camaro licensed the other day, at one point the woman helping me asked if I knew how many cylinders it had. In my head I was like Duh! I then realized I was thinking like a car guy, and the general public probably needs to be asked that question.

Thanks Given
    I thought all Cameros were four-cylinder.

Thanks Given
    I thought all Cameros were four-cylinder.
    Troll.

First hand wash today, I did it after noontime so had to be quick about drying it off before the water could spot. Some genius left the hose full with a nozzle on it, so I had a hose full of mostly ice when I started. Once that was done I buffed out some black marks on the car that were bugging me. Now I'm waiting on the screen protector for the infotainment system. Same brand I used on the CX-5, it lasted 3 years (have a new one to put on) so that's not bad.

Thanks Given
    Lexerd screen protector showed up today so I put that on with the help of my car-guy grandson. It's cut precisely to size and since the screen is a weird shape tilted back, I wasn't able to get it perfectly centered. Used a credit card to get the bubbles out, looks pretty good.

Thanks Given
    As I was filing the paperwork for the car, I read both the original window sticker and the dealer's used car window sticker. Both showed front carpet floor mats, which we did not receive. I wrote the used car manager about that, as well as the two missing valve stem caps and one missing lug nut. He responded quickly and said they would take care of that. I went and picked everything up today. It is nice to experience a dealer that stands up and makes things right.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

HarryB (02-20-2018)

Thanks Given
    They kept the custom mats and sold them for a profit.

Thanks Given
    It was just the factory mats. My guess is someone at the dealership took them, or they weren't in the car when they got it and the person who copied the original window sticker didn't know. I have found some longer aftermarket mats for the front which I may get, it bugs me not having a mat that covers the whole area under your feet.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast