Thread: The wife's new ride

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    How about WeatherTech mats?

No todo que es oro brilla.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts
    They aren't any longer than the factory mats. It's like someone said, let's see how short we can make the mats for this car. I prefer carpeted ones for most of the year anyway. This car won't be driven when it's too nasty out.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Not too much to report since I'm still at work. I did buy some smoked sidemarker LED lights, along with the factory windblocker. Lest any of you complain about pricing of Miata parts, how about $459 for the GM Camaro windblocker? That's right. I scoured around and found a seller on eBay for $418, then lucked out and was in port for their 20% off coupon so I got a deal. Still paid $334 for that damn thing. It better work as advertised (if not I am sure I will be able to sell it on). There is more to it than your average piece, it has a vertical component that rides behind the front seats, as well as a horizontal section that covers the rear seats. It also folds into quarter-size for easy stowage.

I also picked up some used TPMS sensors and some black Chevy center caps for when we get the wheels she wants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-21-2018)

Thanks Given
    You act like you’re on a ship in the middle of an ocean or something. Anyone has time after work to crank a couple of wrenches.

Thanks Given
    Yeah, yeah. I'm dying over here.

Bought a set of rock guards (aka mud flaps to my generation). The place I got them from was out of the front/rear sets, someone on the Camaro forum advertised a set cheaper so I sent him a message maybe an hour after he posted. The next few days were followed by more interest in his items but despite the fact he was logged on several times he never responded to anyone. I gave up on those and ordered from the company direct once they were back in stock.

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    You act like you’re on a ship in the middle of an ocean or something. Anyone has time after work to crank a couple of wrenches.
    I don't
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

Thanks Given
    Made the final purchase of items (for now) the other day. Since we are going to be taking some long trips in this I decided after some research to buy it a bra. Not your dad's (or mine) bra but a newfangled type. It's a NoviStretch. Goes on and off quickly, is easy to clean and supposedly does a good job protecting things. Time will tell. I found a really good deal by randomly searching and saved $25 over the next cheapest place. I got a shipping notice yesterday but so far the USPS site shows me nothing.

Thanks Given
    Car bras? Is the 1980s calling?

Thanks Given
    Maybe...

This is strictly due to the fragile paint on every car out there today. I have read about (and experienced) Mazda's easy-to-chip paint, but apparently it is not limited to them. Probably has to do with the water based paint manufacturers are using in the interest of being environmentally friendly.

I still didn't see anything on the USPS site when we got in today so wrote to the company. Turned out I was given an incorrect tracking number (why didn't the USPS site tell me that?) and it was delivered Friday. It was a good customer service experience, if I decide to buy an engine upgrade stuff I'll go to them first.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Maybe...

This is strictly due to the fragile paint on every car out there today. I have read about (and experienced) Mazda's easy-to-chip paint, but apparently it is not limited to them. Probably has to do with the water based paint manufacturers are using in the interest of being environmentally friendly.

I still didn't see anything on the USPS site when we got in today so wrote to the company. Turned out I was given an incorrect tracking number (why didn't the USPS site tell me that?) and it was delivered Friday. It was a good customer service experience, if I decide to buy an engine upgrade stuff I'll go to them first.
    The 3m clear films are available die-cut for most makes and models. They really work well and can be removed/replaced after it ages.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (04-17-2018)

Thanks Given
    I am familiar with the clear paint protection. Most of the Camaro guys seem to favor Xpel for vinyl over other choices. Based on the rest of our cars operating where we live, I don't feel the need to spend the money for that level of protection. However on long trips (mostly freeway with all the crap on the roads) I wanted something to keep the damage to a minimum. Enter this: https://www.novistretch.com/collections/camaro Easy on/off, easy to clean (I'll see) and doesn't appear to harm the paint from what I have read. Time will tell of course.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power MX5Wisher's Avatar
    Drives
    Fast as I can
    Thanks Given
    Looks amazing...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MX5Wisher For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (04-24-2018)

Thanks Given
    Got home last night. Ended up getting up later than I had planned this morning, but still had time to install the smoked sidemarkers and fasteners for the bra. I then washed her dirty butt (wheels were especially bad) and we drove to one of the grandsons' soccer game. Of course it started raining. Still had fun with the power.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (05-06-2018),Bryan (05-06-2018)

Thanks Given
    After the drive in the rain yesterday I got up this morning and washed her again. Needed it clean to go to my oldest's graduation. Just before the wash I installed the rock guards (aka mud flaps). It probably would have been easier if I had removed the wheels, although that would have meant taking longer. Luckily I have a small ratcheting wrench with a variety of bits so I could get it done without wheel removal.

She got rained on again tonight so guess another bath will be in order tomorrow. Maybe if the rain stays away I will get some pictures.

Thanks Given
    I just installed mine. Since I already had the wheels off for suspension improvements, it was pretty easy. Had to drill holes for the rears. Lots of Vette owners making a mountain out a molehill and trying to find right-angle drills to squeeze in between the tire and the fender but I still don't get why it's so hard to put a car on stands and remove the wheels. God forbid they ever have to check tire pressures. They'll probably complain the valve stems aren't at 12-O'Clock when parked in the garage and send angry letters to GM.

IMG_4601.jpg

Did my side markers too but instead of smoked, I went with color matched plus LED upgrade. I think Oracle makes these for Camaros too. I upgraded my DRLs to brighter LED and tinted my fog light lenses to yellow while I was at it.

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (05-07-2018),tsingson (05-07-2018)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast