Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: The wife's new ride

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts
    '06 GT with 84,1xx miles. I have done some mods to it, including some things that could be considered preventative (like the clutch pedal reinforcing bracket and GM coils). It drives smoother than the Miata, the extra weight is noticeable and it isn't as flickable nor as quick as the Miata. Still better than the Camaro though!
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (09-02-2018)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    I have driven a couple of RX8's and the controls felt surprisingly similar. You can tell the extra weight and length of the car from corner one, but this is not necessarily bad. The extra power is welcome too, albeit you gotta rev them. I have been considering one when I got the Miata, but fuel consumption and potential reliability issues turned me away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

MiataQuest (09-02-2018)

Thanks Given
    Haven't been doing much to this. Bought a set of the original LED side markers so I could get back to the lighter smoked lens. That ended up being a little bit of a roundy-round but finally got it sorted out. More recently I decided to spend the money and get the wheels coated by a professional. Last week I stripped the PlastiDip off (which was a lot of fun, let me tell you). Provided you have a thick enough coat of the product it should peel right off. That worked fine for the face of the wheel, but not so well for the areas between the spokes and on the inside of the barrel. Here is what I ended up with after stripping the face of the wheels:

For the other areas I tried several different ways of removal. Internet said WD-40 works, but it really didn't. A copper pot scrubber was no more helpful, and neither was a nylon wheel chucked up in my drill. I was able to use my fingers/thumbs to roll some of it off so I didn't have much left. What did work on that was BrakeKleen (the good chlorinated stuff that gives you a high). Spray on, then wipe off with paper towels. It worked so well that the place I took them to said they had no idea the wheels had ever had Dip on them. I went with a semi-gloss finish since I am the one who has to clean the damn things.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    What color?

No todo que es oro brilla.

Thanks Given
    Patience is a virtue. Still, I am sure you can figure it out based on what I have previously posted.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    So, pink?

No todo que es oro brilla.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    So, pink?
    Swing and a miss.

Got a call yesterday afternoon the wheels were done, so picked them up this morning. All back on the car, and they have received the wife's approval. I asked them to paint the center caps but for some reason those were done flat black. Looked off so I used the gloss black GM ones I had previously purchased and they look good.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

HarryB (10-17-2018),MX5Wisher (10-17-2018)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789