Thread: Anyone dealt with CarbonMiata??

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! DarylSibcy's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 1990 Miata w/ITBs ;)
    Thanks Given

Anyone dealt with CarbonMiata??

Morning all,

As per the title suggest, has anyone ever dealt with CarbonMiata?? Mostly their exterior body panels, I’m curious as to whether they line up and fit well compared to oem.

I’ve not been able to find a great deal on fibreglass or carbon fibre parts for the miata other than custom work stuff; with even fewer people buying the off the shelf options. I know expense will be a part of it.

Any thoughts??
    You want a good car. I want a good miata.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    At least for autocrossers, Carbon Miata is the known go-to for fender flares that actually fit.
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MiataQuest's Avatar
    Drives
    faster now with the Ecotec 2.4 (1992 white NA)
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylSibcy View Post
    Morning all,

As per the title suggest, has anyone ever dealt with CarbonMiata?? Mostly their exterior body panels, I’m curious as to whether they line up and fit well compared to oem.

I’ve not been able to find a great deal on fibreglass or carbon fibre parts for the miata other than custom work stuff; with even fewer people buying the off the shelf options. I know expense will be a part of it.

Any thoughts??
    I find that their products lack attention to detail. Plan on doing secondary fitment operations and fixing random surfaces.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    The item my wife ordered from them was made and shipped directed from Asia. Don't expect to be able to return a purchase unless it's damaged in shipping.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    I have bought quite a few pieces from Marc and have been very happy with their products. Quality is really good and fit well. Shipping was fast for Hong Kong shipping.

I do have to add was the only exterior piece I ordered were the Rain Rails and they fit like a glove.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

atank (02-19-2018)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Dave737's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Miata
    Thanks Given

I am very happy with my tail light panel.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! riefdaddy's Avatar
    Drives
    94 Red NA
    Thanks Given
    I agree with MiataQuest. You will probably have to make adjustments and repairs to the panel. The tail light panel is a case in point. Lots of pinholes and rough surfaces that have to be cleaned up. Not a big deal, but still work that you will either pay to have done, or do yourself. Also on the tail light panel, they only provide two points to attach it to the car. I'm trying to figure out how I am going to get the panel secured properly. Dave737, how did you attach your panel?