Thread: Fender Flare Mounting Options

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Warhammer's Avatar
    Drives
    White 2003 LS
    Thanks Given

Fender Flare Mounting Options

I just ordered a CCP widebody kit for my 2003. While I wait the 2-3 weeks to receive it, I'm mulling over the options for mounting. In particular, I'm wondering about the fenders flares, which have the typical small pockets and visible screw/bolt heads. So...

1. What kind of anchors to use? I was thinking of rubber well nuts, but nut-serts would be an option, too. I don't really like the idea of just screwing them to the sheet metal underneath.

2. What bolts? I'm unsure how much bearing surface I need on the bolts. Do I just want some 6mm pan head bolts (allen or Torx), or do I need some kind of panel washer for additional bearing surface? Or would panel washers look stupid?

3. Bolt color? Yeah, I know that's a personal preference sort of thing. My car is white, so I'm leaning toward stainless rather than black bolts.

4. Fender welting? Needed, optional or a bad idea? I like the idea of protecting the paint from the sharp edge of the flare rubbing against it. Also, I understand that they can help even out gaps where the flares meet the fenders. I'm not sure about the look of the black line edging the flare.

Anyway, any advice or experience would be appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Warhammer For This Useful Post:

tsingson (04-24-2018)