Thread: School bus assaults Miata in central Maine...

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power MLambert19's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 LS3 R.I.P. 1990 Donor Chassis in Progress!
    Thanks Given

School bus assaults Miata in central Maine...

I was just sent this article this morning...

http://www.sunjournal.com/rsu-9-bus-...in-new-sharon/

RSU 9 bus accidentally backs over car in New Sharon
    By Staff report - April 27, 20180
    NEW SHARON — A Regional School Unit 9 bus backed over the front of a car Friday morning on Industry Road, according to a news release from Frankin County Sheriff Scott Nichols Sr.

No one was injured, including five students on the bus, he said.

Deputy Andrew Morgan responded to the accident at 7:53 a.m. Bus driver Bonita Oliver, 61, of Chesterville had slowed to pick up students at a bus stop near the intersection of Bassett Road. Not seeing any, she continued on. As she was driving by, she saw students walking toward the bus stop so she stopped and started to back up, Nichols wrote.

Oliver did not see that a 1992 Mazda Miata driven by Janet Kennedy, 69, of Industry had slowed behind the bus, and Oliver backed over the top of the car, Nichols wrote.

RSU 9 sent another bus to continue Oliver’s route, according to Jonathan Chalmers, director of RSU 9 support services.

A 1992 Mazda Miata driven by Janet Kennedy, 69, of Industry was damaged Friday morning when an RSU 9 bus backed over the front of it on Industry Road in New Sharon, Franklin County Sheriff Scott Nichols Sr. said. There were no injuries. (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office)

This isn't far from me, maybe 25 miles. Poor old lady, poor '92SE.

-Matt

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MLambert19 For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (04-28-2018)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Oh noo! Very cool to see someone her age living the Miata life though. It looks like a new hood, headlight lid and radiator and she’ll be back on the road.

No todo que es oro brilla.