Thread: Dash Cameras

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts

Dash Cameras

Installed a dashcam after helping a buddy today. This was recommended to me by a friend.

It’s an Anker ROAV, $53 on Amazon. You can read about it here:

ROAV by Anker Dash Cam C1, Car Recorder with Sony Sensor, 1080P FHD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, Built-in WiFi with APP, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Night Mode, Parking Mode [Upgraded Version] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSDRW8?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Pretty nice for my first dashcam. I unpacked it as such with some liquid encouragement.

I wanted to wire it to the car, so I added a circuit to turn on with the car key. I ran the provided USB cable across the windshield header. The camera provided a nice interior tool to help lift the panel. Wired it in really easily by adding a fused circuit to a 12v to 3v stepdown for a USB, also bought it on Amazon ($7 IIRC). Took me about an hour altogether, including wiring it under the dash, going through the settings to customize, formatting the SD card I had laying around from my action cam.

Here are some photos of the camera. The mat it is laying on, the grid is in inches for reference.

I decided to mount it behind the rear view mirror. It’s pretty much hidden from my view when I sit in the car.

I set the camera’s screen to turn off 30 seconds after startup.

Here’s a sample immediate after (edited for length). I can connect to the cam via WiFi on my phone and d/l the videos to it, edit, upload to FB or YouTube. Really easy with simple features.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (06-10-2018),atank (06-11-2018),dweikum (07-01-2018),MiataQuest (06-10-2018),RotorNutFD3S (06-13-2018),tsingson (06-10-2018)