Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chris' R34 GTT Series 2

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Not much has been happening and i didn't want to just post single photos.

Finally got the Altia bumper painted and fitted, along with some clear indicator units and chrome bulbs. Its transformed the front end and looks alot better! I'm glad i decided to colour code the centre bar and not left it black.

The factory ceramic turbo doesn't like a bar of boost, most say around 11-12psi max is safe. After some research i decided to go for a Greddy Profec OLED boost controller to up the current boost a tad. Also hoping it'll come into boost smoother as its a little bit 'choppy'.

I didn't like the mount that's supplied so decided to make something. I started off with making a blank for the ash tray

I wanted a flush look and have it removable if there was ever a problem or i didn't like it. We recently had some new magnetic phone holders come in at work so I decided to use one for the mount. I cut the ball & socket mounting off and was left with just the magnetic pad.

And stuck the other half of the magnet on the back of the controller

With the hole drilled for the wiring it was ready to be 'test fitted'. I originally fitted a wiring grommet but I didn't take into consideration that it protruded above the surface, so scrapped that idea

To make it secure onto the trim i used two small screws in the top corners. Double sided tape would have made it look cleaner, but I didn't want it coming off while i'm driving.

With it refitted it doesn't look too out of place in the cabin, quite pleased with the result! I've also fitted and wired up the AEM gauges from the MX5. I just need to fit the oil sandwich plate and sensor along with getting a boss welded into the exhaust for the AFR gauge.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-16-2018),freedomgli (02-22-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (09-30-2018),HarryB (09-30-2018),Phatmiata (10-01-2018),RotorNutFD3S (10-02-2018)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    In August I ordered a new set of wheels, I wanted a set of these for the MX5 but they don't make them wide enough in a 15. So i'm very happy to be able to have a set on the Skyline

Choosing a wheel design was difficult enough, let alone deciding which fitment to get. I decided on 18x8.5 ET30 and 18x9.5 ET30, playing it safe due to the arches are original and mint, would be a shame to ruin them because of the offset being lower.

I believe Nismo recommend this fitment for the GTT, so that was some reassurance

Colour choice was also another challenge, the current bronze wheels look awesome against the pearl white and I had my head set on that. But then i saw the GT Silver was an option and well....you can see from the photos that i made the right decision (or did i?)

This is one of the rear wheels to help show the concave, the fronts are alot more straight spoked due to the width

I wont be getting tyres for a couple of months, show seaon is over here in the UK and the car won't be driven much when the salt starts to be spread in the coming months.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (10-08-2018),RotorNutFD3S (10-09-2018)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    With the bodywork being in mint condition (except the difference in colour on some panels due to the pearl) my attention would be under the bonnet. I can't afford a full forge build,top mount turbo etc so went for a cheaper route. I've been collecting parts for a couple of months and now I'm at a stage where i can post about it.

Stock Turbo Stage 3 Hybrid (spec below) (Rebuilt by Universal Turbos)
    Genuine Gasket Set
    Apexi Power FC
    Z32 MAF
    R35 GTR 570cc Injectors
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    Blitz FMIC
    NGK BKR7E Plugs
    Splitfire Coilpacks
    Competition Clutch Stage 2 (supplied by Conceptua Tuning)
    Lightened Flywheel
    Braided Clutch line

Re-Profiled Compressor Cover
    T38 Compressor Wheel
    360 Degree Thrust Bearing
    T3 Billet Backplate Modified
    T3 Bearing Housing Modified
    Hi-Temp Turbine End Piston Ring Seal
    T38 Turbine Wheel
    Re-Profiled Turbine Housing
    Ported Wastegate and Larger Poppet Valve
    1 Bar Actuator
    Up-Rated Actuator Bracket

My aim is 400hp,would be over the moon if it was more

I also have a Tomei turbo elbow on order through Nengun Performance

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-16-2018),HarryB (10-17-2018),JamieH (10-17-2018),MaRcOp01o (10-16-2018),RotorNutFD3S (10-18-2018)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    This is just crazy!

I love it though.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Man what a sweet setup!!

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Nothing happens for weeks and all of a sudden everything happens at once lol

The new tyres for the Work wheels arrived and i didn't waste any time getting them mounted and fitted to the car. The front ride height is left untouched from the 17s, the rears were raised 20mm (its still veeeery close to the arch lip)

I think playing it safe with the offset of 30 was a wise decision, it may not be the 'fitment' that kids nowadays wanna see, but i think its perfect

Not long after purchasing the car, i already had a vision of what i'd like the car to look lilke. My very first car/project was a red Nissan Micra K11, one of the things i loved about that was the Nismo livery. That car taught me alot of cars in general especially thinking outside the box when it came to modifying. I knew the livery would work well on the R34 so it had to be done.

A big thank you to Unique Signs & Graphics in Norwich for designing it all from scratch and for fitting it. These were also the guys who designed and fitted the HKS livery on my MX5

I also tried out some coloured smoke grenades, I'll be having another go at night at some point

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-03-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (11-09-2018),HarryB (10-25-2018),MaRcOp01o (10-25-2018),RotorNutFD3S (10-26-2018),tsingson (10-28-2018)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    White 1995 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Your inbox is full. Trying to PM can you clear some space?

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry hippo View Post
    Your inbox is full. Trying to PM can you clear some space?
    All done

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    No major updates just yet, only more photos

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

DarylSibcy (11-10-2018),Greasemonkey2000 (11-09-2018),MaRcOp01o (11-09-2018),MiataQuest (11-09-2018),RotorNutFD3S (11-13-2018)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    A small update to catch up over the past couple of weeks

Took some autumn photos

My Tomei Exhaust elbow arrived from Japan via Nengun. The quality and workmanship on this is incredible!

I found these on Yahoo Auctions and JDMParts Rupewrecht arranged the purchase and delivery. Originally they had a 2-3 week production time as they're made to order. But these were ready to be shipped within a week!

The quality is very good, the pieces are quite thick so not thin and flimsy like some carbon/FRP parts. They've certainly got some weight to them!

A friend of mine is currently cutting out the engine cover text aswell as the fuse box diagram to help keep them looking 'OEM'. Plus it breaks up all the carbon

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-26-2018),HarryB (12-21-2018),MaRcOp01o (12-20-2018),MX5Wisher (12-21-2018)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    It was a very nismo christmas this year! Lu spoilt me rotten by buying me a Nismo speedo cluster

I also treated myself to some Nismo goodies from Nengun and Yahoo Auctions

Spent Boxing Day afternoon fitting it all

Which brings me to my next mini update, engine cover stickers!

Keeping with the Nismo theme, i purchased an R33 strut brace with brake stopper on eBay. The brace had certainly seen better days so i started to refurb it.

And heres the finished item

Another little change I made was to swap the bulb in the ignition barrel to an amber one, to help match the red/orange illumination in the cabin

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-03-2019),freedomgli (02-22-2019),HarryB (12-31-2018),MiataQuest (12-30-2018),RotorNutFD3S (02-06-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    We headed over to Blickling Hall here in Norfolk, they had an arrangement of lights for the festive period which was a great photo opportunity*f'k

The LED lights had produced an intermittent fault. The first set, the outer tail light ring was missing half of the LEDs and the second set of lights had an issue with the brake light occasionally not working. Driftworks accepted a return and arranged the refund very quickly, I can't fault them for that. The OEM lights were refitted, i think i prefer them lol

Although the interior was clean looking and stock, I felt it needed a lil bit more. I had a Nardi Deep Corn steering wheel stored away from the MX5, Driftworks supplied a HKB boss kit and the Nardi was promptly fitted.

Upon fitting the boss kit and testing it, i noticed something on the floor mat. I had only gone and snapped the locating pin on the clock spring....fuck! I removed the hicas fuse to temporally disable it until i could sort it. I had a couple of options, replace the clock spring and potentially have it happen again or delete the hicas.....which brings me to my next update

Driftworks Hicas Delete

H&S Performance took care of fitting the kit and aligning the car, as always they've done a fantastic job!

Last photo of this update is one i took this evening as the sun was setting, no real reason just a random photo. Its also the first using my new photography watermark teaming up with

Modificata Culture

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

HarryB (01-24-2019),MiataQuest (01-23-2019),Phatmiata (03-01-2019),RotorNutFD3S (02-06-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Small update

Fitted a tsurikawa and a hannya omamori to the 34

I've finally got fuse box diagram sticker fitted, it finishes off the carbon a treat

While the camera was out I couldnt help but take a few more photos

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (03-01-2019),RotorNutFD3S (02-06-2019),tsingson (02-04-2019)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    Isn’t that really just a small cock ring?

No todo que es oro brilla.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (02-05-2019)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given

After reading up on a Speedhunters article by Jordan about his RS4 audio upgrade, I was that impressed I decided to bite the bullet and treat myself to one too.

The DMX7017DAB is a double din mechless unit with a large touch screen display. The minimal buttons along the bottom edge gives it a more modern look without distracting you much.

It has the bells and whistles you expect to find on a modern aftermarket stereo like DAB, Bluetooth, rear USB, steering controls etc. What drew me to this was a couple of things. The first being the integrated dash cam.

With the dash cam plugging into the back of the unit, you can view the Camera aswell as play back recorded footage and photos. The camera has a built in shock sensor, a message promptly appears if the car has been hit in your absence, and you can review the footage straight away.

The second feature that I loved was the ability to mirror what my phone does. For Android an app called Android Auto is required. This allows you to mirror Google Maps/Waze onto the stereo, while still being able to listen to Spotify/Google Music and make/receive phone calls! Very handy for those road trips or convoys to car shows

Another feature the Kenwood unit has is a reverse camera. You can pick up a generic camera off eBay or Amazon for not a lot of money but I didn’t want the extra grief of splicing and hoping the built quality would last. So I went with Kenwoods unit and I’m glad I did. Direct plug and play and all I had to do was splice into the reverse light loom

I finished the install when darkness fell so I’m eager to see the quality in the daylight

The rear speakers have been crackling for awhile so this was one job that needed addressing more than anything. I didn’t know what I was letting myself in for until I was half way through it…

The rear seats, door cards and trim had to be removed before I could touch the parcel shelf. The parcel shelf area was covered in a black dust, thinking it was the parcel shelf material disintegrating, I was wrong.

As you can see, there wasn’t much left of the stock Clarion speakers, no wonder the sound quality was so poor! The new speakers dropped in a treat and I managed to reuse the original fixings. At the point I wished I had bought the wiring adapters but nevermind.

With the rear interior put back together it was time to tackle the front speakers. This was ALOT easier, a few trim clips and screws and access was easy. Luckily the front speakers already had the adapters (weirdly enough) so that was plain sailing.

I did buy some sound deadening pads to put on the inside but space is limited and daylight was becoming less and less. I’ll tackle this at a later date.

The last thing on the list was to install the slim subwoofer. I was hoping it would fit under the seat, but upon removing it I didn’t realise the centre is humped and tapers down. So I decided to put it behind the seat instead.

The wiring is a lot simpler, all of the wires go into a single plug, none of those nasty terminal screws we had ‘back in the day’. The hardest part was routing the live cable through the bulk head (wheel and arch liner off and it’s straight forward from there)

So there we have it, a full multimedia upgrade! I still need to play around with the equaliser, then I’ll get a video sorted

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-02-2019),HarryB (02-22-2019),MaRcOp01o (02-21-2019),RotorNutFD3S (02-26-2019),tsingson (02-21-2019)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast