Thread: Buying Parts on Yahoo Japan Auctions through Rinkya

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Miata Classic Red 1997 w/Tan interior
    Thanks Given

Buying Parts on Yahoo Japan Auctions through Rinkya

I got my package today and I am Very Pleased. I wanted Mazda factory fog lights for my NA and there were none to be found in early Aug., so I did a little research and signed up with Rinkya (the are a Japanese bidding service) to buy for me on Yahoo Japan Auction site as only residents from Japan are aloud to bid. I signed up on Aug. 13th and the lights were purchased on the 14th and I only got them today Sep. 4th and yes it did cost a lot, but they are Very Minty (even though they are used) and I'm glad I took a chance and did it. Just thought I'd say something (if it hasn't already been said) that it is indeed safe to buy through Rinkya if anyone is thinking about it or may want to buy something on Yahoo Japan Auctions in the future. Best Always! Chris

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLZinn2 For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (09-05-2018),Sikamikamiko (09-05-2018)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Slampen's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    Nice tip!

Tip: Throw some line breaks and url's into your posts and they will be awesome.
    Easier for us that have a dyslexia-light.

I find https://www.fromjapan.co.jp easy and nice as well.
    Last edited by Slampen; 09-04-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    thank you for sharing. I think pretty much everyone on here buys from overseas to get the hard to find Roadster parts already, we use to have a thread listing dedicated to hard to find items. However, once word spread we started getting other forums, lurkers, non-members, and parts flippers starting to view / read about our finds and bidding against us, so everyone here pretty much keeps this kind of information very low key so as not to attract the lurkers.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

atank (09-05-2018),Hammerhead (09-05-2018),HarryB (09-05-2018)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    thank you for sharing. I think pretty much everyone on here buys from overseas to get the hard to find Roadster parts already, we use to have a thread listing dedicated to hard to find items. However, once word spread we started getting other forums, lurkers, non-members, and parts flippers starting to view / read about our finds and bidding against us, so everyone here pretty much keeps this kind of information very low key so as not to attract the lurkers.
    Such a shame. There some in every croud. I used to be active with the AMC croud and there is people much like with them as well. I'm a giver, NOT a taker. I once had the top AMX in the country and I gave it to the AACA Museum in Hershey, Pa. I wrote 2 books on AMC cars (one on the AMX & one on the Javelin) spent countless $ on research and will never come close to getting my money back because I wanted the cars and the people in the design studios not to be forgotten as well as I think it was the right thing to do. Much like I think is happening with this site and Your personal dedication and I tip my hat to the Great People in the car hobbie and the bad will get their day too.
    Last edited by CLZinn2; 09-14-2018 at 08:48 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CLZinn2 For This Useful Post:

Martin (09-15-2018),Sikamikamiko (09-14-2018),Slampen (09-15-2018)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Slampen View Post
    Nice tip!

Tip: Throw some line breaks and url's into your posts and they will be awesome.
    Easier for us that have a dyslexia-light.

I find https://www.fromjapan.co.jp easy and nice as well.
    Thank You so very much for your possitive in put. Unfortunitly I'm not good at computers by any stretch of the emagation, so if ever I post something again along those lines I'd really like if you could have my back on that.